Premolt or dying?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I didn’t come here for husbandry advice. I came here to ask about behavior. This is a bio active, soooo. Pretty sure husbandry is fine.
Bioactive doesn't equal proper husbandry.

Bioactive is a marketing gimmick to get people to pay more for the same thing.

In the dart frog hobby we don't use the term bioactive very much.

Everything is bioactive... My doorknob has a thriving microfauna population of germs and bacteria, so it's bioactive...

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I couldn’t agree more.

Maybe for Poison Dart Frogs it’s worth it @Frogdaddy @moricollins ??

Ts, useless.

It’s taken hold with ball python owners too,
Not me
I totally agree. Dart frogs benefit, but they have different needs than T's.

I don't know how "bioactive fever" became the newest pandemic. But it seems many T keepers equate it to sticking a pothos in an enclosure and her look...it's bioactive. Um, no it's not.

OP please heed the husbandry advice given to you. Concern yourself with keeping the proper level of moisture in the substrate rather than humidity in the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know how "bioactive fever" became the newest pandemic. But it seems many T keepers equate it to sticking a pothos in an enclosure and her look...it's bioactive. Um, no it's not.
Funny you wrote pandemic, I thought the same of the same word too while re-reading.. I don't know how it became a thing either for Ts either. If I had to bet, it came from the reptile as do most other ideas that people think are directly applicable to Ts, when most of the time they are not. Appreciate the PDF wisdom as always.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
But it seems many T keepers equate it to sticking a pothos in an enclosure and her look...it's bioactive. Um, no it's not.
Becuase thats literally what the mainstream popular youtubers think it is lol , that the uneducated and blind new T keepers and followers believe that's what it is lol. It's bioactive because it has one plant in it :smug::banghead::rolleyes:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
OP, most of the time answers to a behaviour issue are directly linked to an enclosure problem. So yeah you came in here asking about your spider's behaviour, but it's pretty likely that they're acting this way due to the enclosure they're in. That's just how this works. It's not what anyone wants to hear, that the home they've set up for their spider could be sub-optimal, but it's in the best interest of your animal to actually consider what people on here are telling you. You have had this spider for less than 6 months and are digging your heels in on the "my enclosure's fine you're all wrong" argument, whereas people giving you advice have far more experience with this species. Listen to them.