Premolt, Gravid or just chubby?

Misschuffa

Arachnopeon
Was wondering if anyone could help with telling me if my asian forest scorpion is in premolt, Gravid or just in the chubby side. Has been less active lately. Also if anyone could help with with species of AF.

Attachments

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
It could be due for a molt if it's a juvenile/sub adult but my gosh that scorpion is P H A T T :scorpion:
Sometimes you can see embryos through the pleural membrane if it's gravid, but I can't see anything.
It just needs plenty of substrate to burrow into and a water bowl it can soak its whole body in.

Misschuffa

Arachnopeon
It could be due for a molt if it's a juvenile/sub adult but my gosh that scorpion is P H A T T :scorpion:
Sometimes you can see embryos through the pleural membrane if it's gravid, but I can't see anything.
It just needs plenty of substrate to burrow into and a water bowl it can soak its whole body in.

Thanks, I was looking for the embryos also, but I just wasn't sure. My first scorpion son thought I'd ask more knowledgeable persons, ha. How deep should the substrate be? Currently at about an inch, with lots of hidey spaces.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Depending on size of the scorpion, about 3 to 4 inches. Here's a helpful link, it's for Emperors but Asian Forests have similar care requirements.