Premolt Grammostola Pulchripes sling?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Lol.... I see this thread getting a bit off topic:wacky:

I think a lot of husbandry with T's comes down to logic and experience. People keep them in different ways and have the same success rate. You can think it through and create an environment that is ideal according to your logic, and it works. Other people may do it completely different, and it also works. So then it becomes a preference.

Probably boils down to the possibility that tarantulas are more adaptable than we give them credit for:cool:

jsivertson

Arachnopeon
I also have a chaco sling and it has been sealed in its hideout for two weeks. How can I tell when it has molted and I can try to feed if it won't come out again? I can see it moving sometimes so I know it's doing okay in there, just won't come out. I don't think it could reach the water dish if it wanted to. Will it just come out when it's done? Any other tips? TIA!

cold blood

Staff member
I also have a chaco sling and it has been sealed in its hideout for two weeks. How can I tell when it has molted and I can try to feed if it won't come out again? I can see it moving sometimes so I know it's doing okay in there, just won't come out. I don't think it could reach the water dish if it wanted to. Will it just come out when it's done? Any other tips? TIA!
Read read read...there have been dozens and dozens of posts exactly like yours with only slight vatriations in wording.

1. 2 weeks is NOTHING.

2. Wait till it emerges to feed is almost always the way to go.

3. don't get impatient, you will have all your answers when it next emerges.

4. Ts don't drink all the time, in fact they rarely drink...if it needs to search for water, it will emerge to do so, although when it does, food will almost certainly be first thing on its agenda.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...oon_IRL.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150119215557