premolt and postmolt feeding

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a small G. aureostriata, about 1 1/4" before it molted. I fed it on Thursday as I normally do, but sometime on Sunday it molted, which I was under the impression that it would fast before a molt. Also how long should I wait until I feed it again?

Thanks in advance,

Art

taka

Arachnopeon
I generaly give them a week or two to let the exo harden. I also look at the fangs, at least with the obt, as generaly they darken from white to black as they harden. Not sure if this holds true with other breeds as she's the only one who routinely presses herself against the glass.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a small G. aureostriata, about 1 1/4" before it molted. I fed it on Thursday as I normally do, but sometime on Sunday it molted, which I was under the impression that it would fast before a molt. Also how long should I wait until I feed it again?

Thanks in advance,

Art
depends on the individual T. most are known to fast before a molt, but that's not true in all circumstances. you should wait about 5 days to be safe. after 5 days, the fangs have already blackened (hardened) as well as the fresh exoskeleton.