Pregnant spider?

Pete d

Arachnopeon
I got home today and my chilli rose has created a huge web around herself in the corner of the cage. ill post a picture below. i was told when i got her that there was a chance she could be gravid. could anyone confirm this for me and tell me what the next steps are.. how long this is gunna take/cost?

cheers!

Pete

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is making alot of webbing I see, either it is getting ready to shed or she is getting ready to make a sac. either way it is a waiting game just let her be and wait and see which it is. The time depends on her, cost should be nothing just you let her do all the work and wait. If by chance it is a sac then you have some research you need to do. Good luck have fun and enjoy.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
That is a eggsack. She should be done within a couple of hours. Is it a WC tarantula(wild caught)?

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes that is what I thought also considering the large amount of webbing.

Pete d

Arachnopeon
shes now rolled it up into a lil sac and sitting ontop of it :D ill upload a pic later :)

done some research.. gunna buy some pill pots for the slings... how long till i need to take the sac away from her??

and anyone want a baby rosie?? haha :')

Pete d

Arachnopeon
Update on my G. rosie :)

6/30days till i remove eggsack

shes created a nice little hole in the corner of the cage... the eggsack is looking good. about golfball size. maybe a tiny bit smaller. shes turning it every 3-4 hours odd that i can see. id guess this is her first time being a mother but she seems to be doing well! :D i just cant wait to see how many there are :)

oh and if anyone is genuinly interested in buying the lil things off me when they hatch then send me a message :) ill ship to the Europe and the US from london :)