Pregnant Scorpions

gaully

Arachnopeon
How can you tell if your scorpion is pregnant. As mine has white circles on its stomach. any help appreciated

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well what kind of scorpion is it and is it with a male scorpion? You can tell if it starts getting bigger when your not feeding as often altough it might be possible for it to be molting. Sometimes you can see the emreyos throgh the scorpion. Try to post some pictures or give us a detailed description.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How can you tell if your scorpion is pregnant. As mine has white circles on its stomach. any help appreciated
Adelaide, Australia...erm, yeah, I'm kinda familiar with that location. Small world eh! Do you know which species you have? How are you keeping it? Some species will show the embryos through the pleural membrane.

For lots of info on Aussie scorpions you can check out my forum and/or website: www.thedailylink.com/phpBB

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you looking at the book lungs of the scorpion? I bet someone here had a picture of some..

Mike

gaully

Arachnopeon
Embarassed

Well i gather i'm not going to be a father. Thanks everyone, it"s a Urodacus Ysachenkoi far as i know. Myfirst lesson on Scorps It's the booklungs for sure thanks again. OH MARK GO THE CROWS!!!!!!!!!

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well i gather i'm not going to be a father. Thanks everyone, it"s a Urodacus Ysachenkoi far as i know. Myfirst lesson on Scorps It's the booklungs for sure thanks again. OH MARK GO THE CROWS!!!!!!!!!
How long have you had it? If it is yaschenkoi you need to be very careful if you want to keep it alive.

gaully

Arachnopeon
About 2 weeks i caught it at our property at the murray malee. I have put it in it's natural sand moistend the substrate and sealed it's cage to keep the hummitiy up. The subsrate is 4 inches deep the scorp is 5Omm long

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About 2 weeks i caught it at our property at the murray malee. I have put it in it's natural sand moistend the substrate and sealed it's cage to keep the hummitiy up. The subsrate is 4 inches deep the scorp is 5Omm long
Well done...it should do well if the mositure level is pretty right.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mark do you sell Emperor Scorpions

There are no exotic scorpions on the Australian market, it's illegal to bring them in.

All I have available at the moment is Lychas buchari, Urodacus armatus and yaschenkoi.

gaully

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply Mark, how big do they get . and how much do they cost