Preferred Racking?

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
I'm wondering what types of racking you use for your T's.
I have six now and they are slings to juvies. I want to buy racking to let me expand to about 12 T's total. Recommendations?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I guess I never really thought of it. To date I have 29 (i think) T's... they are just kind of stacked on a counter lol. Here's a picture of about 85-90 percent of my collection in the back ground here. Excuse the hubby in front of them. He's kind of a fixture around here. ;)

Kajun-ma hubby.jpg

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
I guess I never really thought of it. To date I have 29 (i think) T's... they are just kind of stacked on a counter lol. Here's a picture of about 85-90 percent of my collection in the back ground here. Excuse the hubby in front of them. He's kind of a fixture around here. ;)

View attachment 218417
I love that! Neat and simple. Me and my husband have a small beach house so consolidating is definitely a thing!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I use wire racks for mine. Sturdy, adjustable and air circulates freely around enclosures.
Photo of my scorp and sling heated cabinet. Rack size is 23"X13"X62" and there is two sets coupled with thick wall PVC pipe. Shelves are adjustable in 1" increments. Cost was $30 and each shelf supports 80 lbs each.

Attachments

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
I use wire racks for mine. Sturdy, adjustable and air circulates freely around enclosures.
Photo of my scorp and sling heated cabinet. Rack size is 23"X13"X62" and there is two sets coupled with thick wall PVC pipe. Shelves are adjustable in 1" increments. Cost was $30 and each shelf supports 80 lbs each.
That's exactly what I need! I've been looking on Amazon and didn't know what dimensions nor style works best.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
That's exactly what I need! I've been looking on Amazon and didn't know what dimensions nor style works best.

Thank you for the recommendation!
You are welcome.
The ones I posted were purchased at the Aldi store nearby. Big Lots also had similar racks in black tone.
I also have 3 wire rack assemblies, 60"X24"X72", that were salvaged from a pizza shop that closed down. Power washed them and they look brand new.
Probably too large to suit you needs, photo of west wall of my T room.

Attachments

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
I personally use these. http://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-72-in...Tier-Steel-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/1000525 They are heavy duty as I also have several reptile tanks on them. Many keepers love these plastic versions too. http://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-5...er-Plastic-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/3730765
Hope this helps.
Thank you! I will check them out. Most likely I'll have to go an Amazon route. I live out in BFE. But that gives me a glimpse of what to look for.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
You are welcome.
The ones I posted were purchased at the Aldi store nearby. Big Lots also had similar racks in black tone.
I also have 3 wire rack assemblies, 60"X24"X72", that were salvaged from a pizza shop that closed down. Power washed them and they look brand new.
Probably too large to suit you needs, photo of west wall of my T room.
That looks very similar to what I am using. I think I bought mine at Home Depot or Target. Mine is fairly stiff (but not perfect). It does a great job in allowing maximum air flow to the T containers.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
My only concern with a wire rack would be the proximity to heat tape and its associated wiring. I wouldn't want to cause a short circuit. I guess you could wrap the rack posts with duct tape, just in case actual physical contact is made, or maybe slice pool noodles lengthwise and put those around the posts.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My only concern with a wire rack would be the proximity to heat tape and its associated wiring. I wouldn't want to cause a short circuit. I guess you could wrap the rack posts with duct tape, just in case actual physical contact is made, or maybe slice pool noodles lengthwise and put those around the posts.
I think if your heat tape has exposed conductive wires, it's a bad thing...

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
The metal storage shelving is what is use aswell but with the wood inserts for the shelves instead of 1 piece metal. Some heat tape and a big storage bin on the shelf usually works for me.

I personally use these. http://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-72-in...Tier-Steel-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/1000525 They are heavy duty as I also have several reptile tanks on them. Many keepers love these plastic versions too. http://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-5...er-Plastic-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/3730765
Hope this helps.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
The metal storage shelving is what is use aswell but with the wood inserts for the shelves instead of 1 piece metal. Some heat tape and a big storage bin on the shelf usually works for me.
The shelving we use already come with wooden inserts. I do not however recommend heat tape for T enclosures. If heat is need I suggest using a room heater or another form of indirect heat.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
@SC Tarantulas I used to use thermostatically controlled heat tape because where I'm from house temperatures can drop to 59 degrees (15 Celsius), depending on what part of the house your in.

Bins with slings and bins with T's are spaced away from heat tape and never aloud over 77 degrees (25 Celsius). I dislike space heaters because of the fire hazards associated with them. just imo.. my 0.02$.

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg

I ended up buying this. Seems pretty good. Also bought a back up one we will keep in the garage if I want to change it out for something more heavy duty.

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
Had to go with a more heavy duty unit myself because of living in earthquake country. The lips on the shelves are crucial too. The drawback of these units are the light is blocked out, so now I'm looking for ways to light it up and show off the tanks more. The wire racks sometimes shake or are noisey/vibrating when moving the enclosures on and off.

Attachments