Predatory Mites

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
How many of you use or have used predatory mites in your millipede enclosure? If so, where did you get them?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I have them but they appeared on their own; I did not introduce them. They multiply pretty fast; faster than springtails in my enclosures.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have what may or may not be predatory mites...they sure look a lot like them, even under high magnification, and I don't seem to have mite troubles. They appeared on their own, possibly with some millipedes I received, but seem to appear in many of my vivariums in small numbers.

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
I have what may or may not be predatory mites...they sure look a lot like them, even under high magnification, and I don't seem to have mite troubles. They appeared on their own, possibly with some millipedes I received, but seem to appear in many of my vivariums in small numbers.
Thank you

jseng

Arachnosquire
I order Hyposapsis miles from evergreengrowers.com. They're kind of pricey (though mostly bc you have use express shipping) and they're only sold in massive quantities, but they're great for treating and/or preventing infestations of grain mites, fungus gnats, and other micro pests.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I have what may or may not be predatory mites...they sure look a lot like them, even under high magnification, and I don't seem to have mite troubles
They eat springtails too, and can decimate their colonies, so be careful.