Predatory mites?

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where can I get these? I think they'd be a very useful 'tool' to keep stocked up on.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One place is www.biconet.com

I don't think it would be very easy to keep them going. You'd have to have a steady supply of mites or fungus gnat eggs to keep them alive. I usually just order them when I need them.

Wade

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok.
I've got the equivilent of about 110 gallons (VERY rough estimate, as all my stuff is in rubbermaid containers). What size would you suggest to treat everything?
It just seems like each week I am noticing mites floating around in the water dishes of different cages.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think they sell them by the pint...they're packed in vermiculite. What I usually do is buy 2 pints and scoop teaspon full of mite-laden vermiculite into each individiual tarantula cage and 2 or 3 for larger communal scorpion and millipede cages. I'd say 2 pints is plenty to treat 100 or so cages. I just sprinkle a little into spiderling cups.

Wade

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
which mites do you purchase and would any of them be useful in controlling reptile mites?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hypoaspis sp. (may or may not be miles). They are listed as a control of fungus gnats.

They might be useful if the reptile in question lives in a moist soil type of enviroment.

Wade