Predatory Beetle mating? What is this, theyre both juvies!

Shazz

Arachnopeon
I will attach a couple snaps, my camera sucks but im trying to show the weird proboscis looking thing coming out of the abdomen from the beetle on top and entering the beetle underneath, they have been like that for a good 30mins.
Now I don't know what mating behaviour looks like so my first question is, is it?
And secondly these are both juvies, and small ones too not even close to adult size, so what is going on here?

Attachments

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
First of all, these are insects, so this doesn't belong in the Tarantula Chat. Second, those are not juveniles. They're adults. If they're beetles, they're ready for mating.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
First of all, these are insects, so this doesn't belong in the Tarantula Chat. Second, those are not juveniles. They're adults. If they're beetles, they're ready for mating.
As Moak said, these are adults. Any beetle you see is an adult, I'm worried you were ripped off if you're under the impression they'll still grow. Sorry :( still some gorgeous beetles, though you likely won't get any offspring in captivity even with observed mating. If I'm correct and these are spotted tigers I believe there's only been one successful rearing in captivity.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As Moak said, these are adults. Any beetle you see is an adult, I'm worried you were ripped off if you're under the impression they'll still grow. Sorry :( still some gorgeous beetles, though you likely won't get any offspring in captivity even with observed mating. If I'm correct and these are spotted tigers I believe there's only been one successful rearing in captivity.
Maybe they need dead animal flesh to hatch

Shazz

Arachnopeon
Oh right I thought they would moult like assassin bugs and that they were nymphs, silly me, thanks for the help!