Pre & Post Molt Male & Female P. cancerides Pics

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pre-Molt Female P. cancerides

Post-Molt Female P. cancerides

Pre-Molt Pen-Ultimate P. cancerides
DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Post-Molt MM P. cancerides

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I'm always impressed by MM P. cancerides,absolutely amazing.The ladies may live years longer but they miss out on that beautiful coloration.awesome pics.:drool:

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Nice Ts:clap:, im getting a 3'' P. cancerides along with a 3'' N. chromatus on wenesday.

haasdas

Arachnopeon
Just a question? You handling the P. Cancerides confuses me coz I have an B. Sabolosum and N. Tripepii which are both considered defensive along with the P. Cancerides and they cant wait to have a go at me when I come anywhere close to them.

Is it just the individuals that people handle that are well natured or is there a way you handle them with less chances of getting a threat pose and a very high chance to get bitten?

I have 3x one inch P.Cancerides and one already likes to give me the threat pose.

Beautiful spiders buy the way!

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Nice pics, HolyToast! Very good example of the sexual dimorphism seen in this species. My female is my most defensive T...whenever I move her enclosures she clambers around and throws up threat poses.

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just a question? You handling the P. Cancerides confuses me coz I have an B. Sabolosum and N. Tripepii which are both considered defensive along with the P. Cancerides and they cant wait to have a go at me when I come anywhere close to them.

Is it just the individuals that people handle that are well natured or is there a way you handle them with less chances of getting a threat pose and a very high chance to get bitten?

I have 3x one inch P.Cancerides and one already likes to give me the threat pose.

Beautiful spiders buy the way!
I have handled all kinds of ill tempered NW and OW species with no problem.
Once you coax them out of the enclousure they calm down, and are not as defensive. The only time I been bit so far was not an attempt to handle the T, but I just went to grab her water dish, and she tagged me.

I have pics of P. cancerides on my face, H. lividum, P. regalis, P. lugardi, and P. cambridgei. I tried that with a MM T. SP burgundy, but he just stayed on my shoulder. I don't post them on the boards, cause it might give people ideas, plus I would probably get flak for it. Yet I still kinda would like to post them. Maybe I should.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I tried twice so far, but the female keeps attacking the male. He is afraid of her now. Last pairing attempt he bolted across the room. :D
Hmm well. I guess it's time to give her the talk. You still working nights haven't heard from you guys in awhile. Your T Giggs is getting big. It's about 1- 1/2" now and a piglet. I upgraded it to a little spare cube for you. Mine croaked, finally figured out who the mystery survivor was. :rolleyes: Darn A Avic.

Edit to add Anastasia: Don't ask. That boy just ain't right.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A species that has been on my must-have list for too many years.