Pre molt

winks

Arachnopeon
Hi, can anyone help, I have recently received a grammostola pulchra sling and today I received a salmon pink sling. My grammostola pulchra has buried itself and my salmon pink has already barricaded itself into its hide as only got it today is this cause for concern. I have only witnessed my grammostola pulchra eat once. Could they both be in Pre molt. Thank you

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
This is common for new T's that are settling into their new enclosures. They're in an unfamiliar environment and it helps them feel safe to be barricaded into a tight space. They could be in premolt, but either way you should just leave them alone until they decide to come out. Read up on the animals you've decided to keep - this thread is full of useful information:

winks

Arachnopeon
This is common for new T's that are settling into their new enclosures. They're in an unfamiliar environment and it helps them feel safe to be barricaded into a tight space. They could be in premolt, but either way you should just leave them alone until they decide to come out. Read up on the animals you've decided to keep - this thread is full of useful information:

Should I put food in or just wait

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Should I put food in or just wait
Just wait. When they're ready to eat they'll open up the hides they've buried themselves in, and will usually sit in the opening with legs hanging out ready to grab a meal. Always feed pre-killed prey items if your T is still under it's hide, though - you don't want to deal with trying to fish a cricket or mealworm out of an enclosure with a T that's possibly about to molt.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Just wait for it to come out before offering a meal, sealing themselves away means they are not actively looking for food.

They will come out when they are ready to, not likely before that, until then wait!