Pre molt dark spot still there???

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MY A.Chalcodes just molted 24 hrs ago. The dark spot on her abdomen is still there??? AS if she were going to molt again?? Is this even possible molting 2 times in a row?? she went from 3/4 to about inch in a half ???? any thoughts??

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Give her some time to "harden up." Maybe a week or two. THEN worry if it's still there!

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The dark spot is a new patch of urticating hairs, that before the molt, was underneath the old exoskeleton. Eventually, it may kick the new ones off, and there will be a bald spot. When it is approaching its' next molt a new patch will grow underneath the old one, and because it may be bald, you will see the future urticating hairs as a dark spot......I hope I made some sense.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I have to agree with jezzy607, most of my t's after they moult that is, still have a dark spot there, it is a new patch of urticiting hairs as jezzy607 stated. Most of the time when abdomens "darken" up it doesnt allways mean moulting is near, my rosea darkened up for 2 months, no moult. Today she ate a cricket, not all theories are right, but you know rosehairs always going against the rulebooks!

James

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MizM Do need to worry about feeding since its still a sling or is a week kind a like the standard

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spike
Can you run that by me again sorry.:confused:
Check my post, hopefully that made sese!
Anyway he was saying that the "dark spot" on your moderatums abdomen is a new patch of hairs. And if you agitate the T, it will kick them at you and it will leave a bald spot. Then when it moults again it will replenish the bald spot with new hairs which makes it look darker! Hope that was better!

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spike
MizM Do need to worry about feeding since its still a sling or is a week kind a like the standard

A week is a Standard time to wait, usually i wait untill the fangs harden up to a inky black, that is if you see its underside, i usually wait 4-5 days to a week. Good Luck!

James

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for all your help =D I feel much more at ease lol