Pre-molt behavior

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
Is this pre-molt behavior? The hammock looking thing. This particular sling hasn't eaten in 3 weeks and it's abdomen looks really small. I don't want to open or disturb it by opening the enclosure to feed it. Also, I need to wet down the sub straight since it doesn't have a water dish. It's less than 1/2 an in. Sorry for the poor picture.
20210411_195554[1].jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
No. Open up and do what you need. I’m future. House I’m something that allows easier access.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Is this pre-molt behavior?
Maybe yes or maybe no.

Questions:

1. What kind of tarantula is it?
2. What are three balls doing in there?

Molting or not, it’s up to your tarantula, and it knows exactly when to molt, but you only can assume / predict. In time, it will molt. Be patient.

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
It's a Caribena Versicolor and those are marbles. Just there for aesthetics. The T randomly sits on top of the white one. It's kind of cute when it does.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hard to tell. A bit big container for that size sling.

If the webbing increases- yes

Is this pre-molt behavior? The hammock looking thing. This particular sling hasn't eaten in 3 weeks and it's abdomen looks really small. I don't want to open or disturb it by opening the enclosure to feed it. Also, I need to wet down the sub straight since it doesn't have a water dish. It's less than 1/2 an in. Sorry for the poor picture.
View attachment 381493
Hi
you have lots of space in that enclosure. Give it a bottle cap for waterdish in the base of that cork bark.
pic below of my C versicolor sling when it was size of yours
20200701_142346.jpg
Also you can do whatever you need to do without fear of tearing web.Your spider is capable of restoring it in no time.

Regards Konstantin

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Not too long ago, many versicolors died because people kept them on wet sub thinking it was best for them. They do come from a naturally wet environment but the moist sub throughout could be bad news for it. Stuffy conditions are no good. Use a bottle cap for the water dish. You can occasionally dribble some water on the webbing for it, but don’t overdo it.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Kinda red flag- You have plenty of room for a water dish, so put one in. There’s no need to wet substrate down- don’t do this, it can lead to stuffy conditions- no good for Aviculariinae. Sum up= Dry with a water dish, don’t mist, apply water droplets to webbing to drink.