Powerfeeding. Yay or Nay?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I powefeed all my ts, especially while young/small.
Once im able to confirm gender i play the slow down/speed up game.

Realistically feeding time, unboxing incoming ts, and setting up enclosures are typically the only fun parts of the hobby for me unless im planning to breed a certain sp, so i try to do those 3 things as much as possible.

If im not tending to them im running around my t room like a crackhead with a flashlight so i gotta stay busy haha

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I don't believe there is anything bad about concept of "power feeding" if in fact it even exists. A lot of breeders use the concept of "power feeding" for obvious reasons. Hint "males mature out faster"

Just feed your T's how you feel. My T's get fed every Sat/Sun or Wed/Thurs. Sometimes they get one prey and sometimes they get 2 or 3.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
There's no such thing as power feeding Tarantulas, they'll only eat their full and if you put any more food in there they just kill it and ignore it or ignore it all together.

I feed all my tatarntulas until they are no longer hungry, I don't see the point in "starving" them when all or most of us buy an abduance of food....there's no ill effects to feeding a T until they're full I've been in this hobby since maybe 2005 or somewhere around there and never had a die T from "too much" food.

One of my T Strimis molted......and didn't eat until the molt after that one.....Sometimes they don't need to eat at all (by their choice, I always offer/check) between molts....power feeding should stay with reptiles.