powerfeeding for isopod preservation

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey,
i hear powerfeeding is "bad", but my 2" c. fasciatum attacks the isopods that are supposed to be cleaning its terrarium unless i keep it absolutely stuffed...
any recommendations?

cheers! :D
- munis

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I only thought people kept isopods in enclosures for ts with high humidity conditions to prevent mold growth from bits and pieces of remaining prey.
My C.fasciatum enclosure is probably one of my drier ones, so there is little risk of mold growth.

At 2 inches its still small enough that the isopods are a good sized prey item. Either just wait until it gets bigger and it may ignore the isopods (though since they are on the small side as a species that it may never get big enough that it would ignore isopods.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah it sounds like you are keeping it a bit too moist if Isopods can live in there. I keep mine bone dry and have a water dish which it constantly keeps webbed up

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh. heheheh. bone dry you say?
bone dry like rosehairs and gbb's?
i always thought they were supposed to be kept at around 60% RF... :?

thanks! :D
- munis

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no, they don't need that much humindity. just use dry peat moss and give it a water bowl. you can overflow the water bowl once a week, but just a little bit. under such conditions, mine grew up to be a beautiful male (uh, and get eaten during a breeding loan :(). so you need no isopods and don't need to overfeed the t :D