potting soil

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I needed to change my rosea's peat, because it wax on sand. my smaller one is on potting soil without any problems at all. well, since i want my 6" rosea to grow as much as possible, i got the miracle grow plant food mix to help "grow more than 2 times the regular soil". would the plant food be harmful to the T?

i thuroughly checked the bag, and it has no insecticides.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would not use it, I just use black earth and some peat and or a bit of mulch mixed in....I stay away from plant food and things of that nature...

Regards, Mike

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
....since i want my 6" rosea to grow as much as possible, i got the miracle grow plant food mix to help "grow more than 2 times the regular soil".
Hehehe.....{D

Miracle Grow plant food mix. Tarantulas aren't plants. I'd go with Mike's suggestion: Plain soil.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya, I would stay away from it as well. Just get peat.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heh, heh. yeah the growth thing was a joke, but what if my parents would be kinda mad that i got the wrong kind? and what if, i like, opened it already, or something stupid like that. then could i use it? :eek:

it didn't look like it had too much plant food in it. it just looks like normal potting soil. would an ingrediant list help?

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just don't , if a cricket eats of your plant your T will get that sh*t in his belly then there's a big chance your T will die.