Potawatomi zoo- South Bend, IN

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Took the daughter to the zoo with my mom and fiance today, figured i would share some pics. Its a pretty decent zoo, but its hard to get pics cause practically everything is behind 2 layers of glass :(. Anyways, heres what i got, not all the animals by any means, but this is what turned out :).

(The tiger must have thought that i smelled???)

(Interesting bug i found...)

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

(My daughter made a new friend!... that wanted to eat her toes!)

(Turns out even our ancestors liked to collect bugs?)

(It was nice seeing the lions... and not getting sprayed on...)

(Mr. Internet... this one is for you!... but i doubt you would need a pole to catch one of these guys!)

(The old man of the zoo... he is famous, been on the David Letterman show and does a lot of artwork that is sold around the world. Hes also a camera hog...)

(That is Jody on the left, she is a diabetic and quite old herself. NOBODY and i mean NOBODY gets pics of Jody, after i shot this one she gave me dirty looks, waved her arm at me, and ran... she was NOT happy about someone sneaking a pic of her!)

(Dad im getting tired :(.... grandma is wearing me out!)

.... hope you enjoyed :).

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics, Looks like you had a great day!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea, it was pretty cool. The definately needs to improve some things, but over all, its not a bad place to go. The pig, or whatever it was, made buddies with me, he was following me around the habitat, sticking his snout at me, like cmon man! Break me out of here! I gave him a little pat on the head through the fence and he seemed nice enough.

I was really hoping they would have a horse out though, my daughter loves horses and i wanted her to get to see a real one. She seen the zebra, and her eyes lit up.

The guy who cares for the primates was there, he let us see something up close that most people probably wouldnt get a chance to see, it was a fresh painting that Sammy made, pretty neat stuff. He makes better abstract artwork than most human artists can make.

The only thing that i was not happy about at the zoo was their very very poorly setup invert displays, and lack of inverts. The only thing they had was a MM G. rosea, and some H. spinifer who were literally living in a pond.

-Nate

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yea, it was pretty cool. The definately needs to improve some things, but over all, its not a bad place to go. The pig, or whatever it was, made buddies with me, he was following me around the habitat, sticking his snout at me, like cmon man! Break me out of here! I gave him a little pat on the head through the fence and he seemed nice enough.
Peccary ;)

Fluke

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great pictures!! looks like you have a beautiful daughter as well, her eyes are stunning!!