Problem Posting

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You have three options here.
  1. Become an active member, which involves making 15 "useful" posts within 45 days. This can frankly be attained within a couple days. More information about what constitutes as a "useful" post here. Basically, posting in anything other than the Watering Hole and the Tarantula Chat sections will count as useful. Given your username, I'm assuming you're interested in insects. The insects subforum counts :)
  2. Become an Arachnosupporter by donating to the site. More information about that (and other perks you get) can be found here.
  3. Become a classifieds user. More information about that can be found here. Note that this option only lasts for a single month, whereas becoming an Arachnosupporter lasts a full year and Active Member status (which is, again, free) lasts 45 days.
Welcome to the forum, and let us know if you have any more questions!

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
You have three options here.
  1. Become an active member, which involves making 15 "useful" posts within 45 days. This can frankly be attained within a couple days. More information about what constitutes as a "useful" post here. Basically, posting in anything other than the Watering Hole and the Tarantula Chat sections will count as useful. Given your username, I'm assuming you're interested in insects. The insects subforum counts :)
  2. Become an Arachnosupporter by donating to the site. More information about that (and other perks you get) can be found here.
  3. Become a classifieds user. More information about that can be found here. Note that this option only lasts for a single month, whereas becoming an Arachnosupporter lasts a full year and Active Member status (which is, again, free) lasts 45 days.
Welcome to the forum, and let us know if you have any more questions!
Thanks a lot

crystalfreakkk

Arachnosquire
I tried to comment on for sale posts while an active member and I never could. Is that a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I got frustrated by the whole thing so I haven’t been online much.

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
I tried to comment on for sale posts while an active member and I never could. Is that a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I got frustrated by the whole thing so I haven’t been online much.
You can’t comment on other people’s for sale/wanted posts. If you want to contact them use private message. Hope this helped.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
How do i make my own general posts?
To start a new forum thread:
  1. Click the relevant board (e.g., Tarantula Chat).
  2. Click "Post New Thread." (It's near the top-right corner of the forum.)
  3. In the box labeled "Thread Title," type a title that succinctly describes what the thread is about.
  4. In the large box below the title, type your message.
  5. Check the box labeled "Watch this thread" if you'd like to be notified of replies.
  6. If you are asking a yes/no question or a poll with a finite number of choices, consider using the "Post a Poll" below the message body.
  7. Once you're done, click "Create Thread."

To reply to an existing thread:
  1. Click the relevant thread.
  2. Scroll down to where it says "Post Reply."
  3. Type a reply in the reply box.
  4. Click "More Options" if you need formatting help or want to attach a file.
  5. Click "Upload file" if you need to add an attachment. (Please do not embed or attach images that are not solely your own.)
  6. Check the box labeled "Watch this thread" if you'd like to be notified of replies.
  7. Click "Reply to Thread" or "Post Reply."

To quote someone in a reply (this will notify the person you quote):
  1. Highlight the text you want to quote.
  2. Click "+Quote" to add it to multi-quote mode.
  3. When you're done quoting, scroll down to where it says "Post Reply."
  4. Click "Insert Quotes."
  5. Click "Quote These Messages."

Please try to consolidate your replies.

If you want to quote more than one post, you can do so by clicking quote in each post you want to quote (or using the multi-quote feature, which is the +Quote icon on each post). You can quote excerpts from multiple posts by highlighting the part you want to quote and clicking +Quote when the menu pops up.

You can also edit a post (within 12-24 hours) to add additional content.

How do i . . . create my own albums?
To create a new album for yourself:
  1. Go to the Gallery.
  2. Click "Add Media."
  3. Select "An album" as the destination.
  4. Select "Create an album."
  5. Type the title of your album.
  6. Type a description of the contents of the album.
  7. Where it says "View media in album," select "Everyone" unless you intend to restrict visibility of photos. (Staff can view photos regardless of this setting.)
  8. Where it says "Add media to album," select "Owner Only" to prevent other people from uploading photos to your album.
  9. Finish uploading the image to your new album.
  10. From now on, you can select this new album as a destination for your photos when adding media.

Please do not upload images that are not solely your own.