Problem Posting on mobile site

WhiteMoss

Arachnosquire
Is anyone else having issues making postings/replies etc. on the mobile site? It's as if the enter were stuck down on a computer and the curser keeps dropping down. When you scroll back up to where you left off it just drops down again/more. Sometimes it will separate words or lines randomly and any use of the backspace button results in even more dropping down.
It only happens on the mobile website. Can post fine on a computer. Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?
This only started recently. I could post with no issues before.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
We do not have a separate site (or app) for mobile. It is the same site, just mobile friendly. 😉

I am posting from my phone right now and am not experiencing any issues.

Have you tried from a different browser?
Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

DustyD

Arachnoknight
I have seen it freeze sometimes, glitches as were described, but that can be the case for other websites too. I think it is like what happened in the movie Independence Day (spoiler alert) when they hooked up the Apple computer to the alien technology, there were a few hiccups. That is to be expected. I am just glad it worked.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Over a month attempting to take full control of my phone and doing troubleshooting...

It's as if the enter were stuck down on a computer and the curser keeps dropping down.
Uncommanded operations:
- Connectivity issues, on the phone's end or the service provider or both.
- Background apps performing interim operation(s) between command sends and receives
- Temporary reassigned phone command sets. (A period becomes an EOL etc.) Usually caused by apps or phone settings. In the above 'cursor keeps dropping down' the command set may have been reassigned.
- Interface (touch screen) dirty or unresponsive.
- Remote control has been given to another user or app.
- A random combination of any of the above.

Most recently my phone performed uncommended operations or ignored commands due to an applet my wife installed which monitored activity and upon seeing certain words or commands attempted to connect and send data to Facebook. But Facebook being blocked by me the cursor just vanished. Another app, an online shopping site, also tried to take over temporary control of the phone when I performed certain cut and paste operations. Still not sure why.

Final word: If at all possible, avoid using a second hand phone somebody else has been using and has installed various apps and or modified Settings.
(and avoid the cheap phones - often Chinese, which can have background functions and operations installed, possibly embedded into the OS. Shopee Pheen set as the home default screen??)
(And the Samsung Galaxy has proprietary command sets of their own which over-ride all settings and apps)

The old adage applies with phones: "If I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you."

Last edited: