Postage profit !!

Dexter

Arachnopeon
I used to question the shipping charges also, as a buyer. It does suck to buy 1 T for 15 or 20 bucks and have to pay 20 bucks for shipping it. But now that I have ordered a ton of T's and seen some of the various packing jobs and the actual cost of the shipping, I have noticed there really isn't any profit in it with the good shippers.

Those little coolers Ken uses are awesome! I have 2 of them now! Easily the best packing ever. Paul also uses a full styrofoam wrapping and vials. It must cost a cpl bucks I gather.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used to question the shipping charges also, as a buyer. It does suck to buy 1 T for 15 or 20 bucks and have to pay 20 bucks for shipping it. But now that I have ordered a ton of T's and seen some of the various packing jobs and the actual cost of the shipping, I have noticed there really isn't any profit in it with the good shippers.

Those little coolers Ken uses are awesome! I have 2 of them now! Easily the best packing ever. Paul also uses a full styrofoam wrapping and vials. It must cost a cpl bucks I gather.
thats why you tack on a couple extras to make it worth your while, lol. i only say it because i'm sure everyone here has done it, myself included :p

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the best packaging jobs out there is from Ken the bug guy, Indeed those are mighty packages :)

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some of the bickering in this thread made me throw up in my mouth a little.

That aside, I'd be happy to pay the seller for the time and care they took to package the T, as well as the materials.

Anyone who isn't willing to do so just doesn't get it.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hate to ressurect a dead thread, but I only came here because of Fran's signature.

Now that I've read this thread, now I understand some of the references made in some american posts. I was getting confused for a while, because unless I mis-remember, Canada Post labels it the other way around:
Express is 2 business days, and costs ~$10 to ship a small box.
Priority is before noon next day, and costs ~$20 to ship the same box.

Anyway, I agree...don't complain about postage prices unless it's obviously way off.