Postage profit !!

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
There is a reason some of the sellers get return business regardless of their reasonable shipping costs.....they provide outstanding service, quality livestock and packing......they sell value and value is what sells.....

Either way these guys cant win sometimes, they either charge too much or if they dont charge enough, use less packing materials and the T dies, then its their fault too....

Take your chances, I'll stick with the proven, trust worthy people who have been doing it forever, and their reputation is an example that the prices are just

Case closed.....

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What if you live in the bunnies and have to drive far to get the materials.?

Sorry, that had me rolling, Fran :) I spit water all over my keyboard.. If you live in the bunnies, I feel sorry for those little critters. You're a big dude, how'd you fit in there? They've got it all wrong, we shouldn't be killing rabbits for their lucky feet.. we should be killing them to remove their lucky Fran!

(And no, Fran, I'm not poking fun at you. Spell checker can sometimes be counter-productive.. especially when it doesn't recognize the word. I just had to comment :) you made my day)

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What if you live in the bunnies and have to drive far to get the materials.?

What if you dont sell often and you dont want to order online.?
I never said in my post you shouldn't charge what shipping costs, I actually said:
Charging more than the actual cost of shipping = lame.
Did you misread? Box, packing, ect, are actual cost of shipping. Charging more so you can put money in your pocket is wrong, and most people here thankfully don't do that. However some do.

What if my shipping is simply better than yours, therefore, heavier?

Get it?
Because if it is heavy it's packed right? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Man...Just because I stated my opinion on your previous post Im not trying to offend you or attack you. What are we 10?
No, you said my post was offensive and said I:
cant tell me what to chargue for MY shipping.
and that if I didn't like it
just dont buy it.
In all seriousness, I never said what I figured up was a "flat rate" those were round numbers, however saying they cost much more is false. There aren't "100's of variables". It all boils down to shipping cost + packing cost.
Your shipping numbers (as I added by edit) fit the numbers I put at the end of my post fine.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry, that had me rolling, Fran :) I spit water all over my keyboard.. If you live in the bunnies, I feel sorry for those little critters. You're a big dude, how'd you fit in there? They've got it all wrong, we shouldn't be killing rabbits for their lucky feet.. we should be killing them to remove their lucky Fran!

(And no, Fran, I'm not poking fun at you. Spell checker can sometimes be counter-productive.. especially when it doesn't recognize the word. I just had to comment :) you made my day)

Lol, now that I read it that way, I laughed too {D {D

Freaking foreign people :D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never said in my post you shouldn't charge what shipping costs, I actually said:

Did you misread? Box, packing, ect, are actual cost of shipping. Charging more so you can put money in your pocket is wrong, and most people here thankfully don't do that. However some do.

Because if it is heavy it's packed right? That doesn't make any sense at all.

No, you said my post was offensive and said I:

and that if I didn't like it

In all seriousness, I never said what I figured up was a "flat rate" those were round numbers, however saying they cost much more is false. There aren't "100's of variables". It all boils down to shipping cost + packing cost.
Your shipping numbers (as I added by edit) fit the numbers I put at the end of my post fine.

I still dont quite get what you are trying to say here.

All im saying is that I never EVER pay less than 10 or 12 bucks for shipping.EVER.
Im saying that $5 for priority is a lie (unless your shipping is very VERY poor), and for someone to chargue $15 ...I dont see the problem.

If I ever ask someone to give me $15 for priority (normally I just dont give the option) and the buyer says something, I wont sell him my tarantula.Period.

And yess, if you take the time on a sturdy box, it will be heavier.

schadbone

Arachnopeon
Time to let it Go !!!

Boy has this got out of hand !!

Let me be real clear for the sake to those who just look for any opportunity to have a dig or make a snide remark, caring very little for the actual topic.

If it cost a person ( seller) $X to box and send a T, then charge $X
Be it priority or overnight.

Where I have issue, is when it cost $X and they charge $X plus say $5

At no time did I say a person could not charge what it cost to send the tarantula.

So if you still a problem with my topic, then you simple feel it is OK for a person to add $$$ to the postage & packing for their own profit.

I don’t feel they was any “crying or my sarcasm detector is obviously broken”
For those people who had to make it personal…

This topic was not aimed at anyone at all.

And on a personal note to Fran, Although I have not bought anything from you, your emails and help have always been of a high standard and I hope you did not take offence at this topic.

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
And as far as" if you don't like it don't buy"

It is that type of attitude that allowed death camps to be set up, that type of attitude that allows discrimination against people because of their color or religion..

Charge what you want for the tarantula, a $100,000, I don’t care, that is up to the buyer.

But don’t make money of the postage, I make $8.50 an hr, when you charge $15 instead of $5, you are taking an hour of my life.

What about the time it takes for the shipper to put together the materials and package the tarantula? If they charge exactly what the cost of the postage is, then by your reasoning, you are also taking time off their lives...

Almost every company you buy from online charges shipping AND HANDLING. That covers the time, materials, etc. You didn't take that into account at all.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i ship spiders sometimes and some people have asked for priority shipping before, and it sometimes really costs me 14.95 or 15.60. most of the time, it is around $10-15. and it matters on the weight of the box as well as the distance. and if you include the cost of buying the box, getting a styrofoam insulator, a heat/cold pack when necessary, a container for it, and other packaging material, over the long run, the prices start to really weigh in.

and i dont really think its right to say "postage rip offs" because priority really costs me that much not including the box and other shipping materials (although i dont really like to ship priority and i rarely shipped priority) and whenever i sell Ts and other inverts, getting profit from shipping is never my intention.

schadbone

Arachnopeon
Dude, it is my day off, and I was feeding my tarantulas while sitting here, trust me, the hr was spent on them not this..
oh, and I was not complaining..

No offense, but you have wasted a hour of your life complaining on this thread don't you think?:?

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dude, it is my day off, and I was feeding my tarantulas while sitting here, trust me, the hr was spent on them not this..
oh, and I was not compaining..
I know you were not compaining...you are complaining, it is just not worth it to me to complain about 2.00 or 3.00 or whatever, life is just to short.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know you were not compaining...you are complaining, it is just not worth it to me to complain about 2.00 or 3.00 or whatever, life is just to short.
This is coming from someone who I would think has a really great job. Oh and if you are going to correct someone on spelling maybe you should be correct in your own, it would be "too short".

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is coming from someone who I would think has a really great job. Oh and if you are going to correct someone on spelling maybe you should be correct in your own, it would be "too short".
Same to you LOL!! Correct in your post should be "correcting" and "in" should be removed.:)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Same to you LOL!! Correct in your post should be "correcting" and "in" should be removed.:)
Mine is correct, if you fail to see that then I am sorry. I was just explaining to you that you shouldn't do that if you cannot do it yourself. Of course your suggestion would be acceptable as well. I do know that "LOL" and putting numbers instead of writing them out is not correct.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do you people think this is? Elementary school? This is arachnoboards. Spider stuff...not grammar stuff. Stay on topic.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here we go....why does every arguement end in propel attacking each others spelling or grammar? I'm pretty sure Rob was just joking around bout the complaining misspelling. Stop tryin to be a troll choco.
Basically if you don't like the price on shipping buy from someone else. Sounds pretty simple.

Matt

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I ship everyday with my business. I know the costs. Some can talk about how great their packaging is...but only the young and dumb would buy that!

I feel if I don't like the shipping charge...I buy from someone else. Unless you can crap a new species, there is always another person to buy from. :D

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here come the fanboys. :rolleyes:

Forget it, I am done.

EDIT: Why is everyone using the term troll lately? Hardly anyone ever uses it correctly on here, so please just stop.

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although this may have been mentioned since I didn't read page 2...

Sometimes I pay X for shipping, then I see the seller only paid Y.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I almost always buy from someone that I know gives out freebies. Depending on the sale, it might even be a really nice freebie or several almost unsellable common freebies. I'm sure every can agree that freebies are cool.

So I don't worry about the difference between X & Y because usually I get an additional T that probably costs more a couple of bucks.

Sometimes I don't get a freebie. I do shop around quit a bit & wait on buying a species I want until I can get what I feel is a super awesome deal. Usually the deals I get are awesome enough that I could care less about the difference between X & Y or getting a freebie, I just care that I got the deal first ;)

And that's my take :D