Post your terrestrial enclosures!!!

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, I'm lookin for another spider and I'm probly gonna pick up a G. Rosea...I'd like to see some terrariums set up for terrestrials (I got avics..so I dun wanna mess up a new type of enclosure, seeing as I'm used to arboreals)

Anyway...lot's of pics and tips would be awsome, I don't wanna do the plain hide+waterdish+subs. route...if I can avoid it. Let's see some intricate stuff guys :D{D

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
what the best substrate to keep your small spiderlings in deli cups on? I'll try and get pics of my setups

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
talkenlate04

talkenlate04 wanna ask question..

is that hide a coconut shell?

coz i tried using coconut hide, but several days later molds appeared even if the substrate is dry...does that hide didn't get any molds at all?....:?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

coz i tried using coconut hide, but several days later molds appeared even if the substrate is dry...does that hide didn't get any molds at all?....:?
i have a coconut shell hide for my G. rosea ( she never uses it except for a trash dump lol) but its never molded even with her dumping her left overs and poo on it.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
i have a coconut shell hide for my G. rosea ( she never uses it except for a trash dump lol) but its never molded even with her dumping her left overs and poo on it.
in my case my Rosie has a hide, before she uses it but now she ignores it, and now shes acting weird she dumps the dish with substrate and dig herself a burrow underneath....i tried arranging it, i pulled the dish out and cleaned it, arrange the whole setup.

but still she dumps and dig underneath it all over again:confused: ..

sorry my post seemed offtopic....

anyways i really like talkenlate's setup...:worship: :worship:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
in my case my Rosie has a hide, before she uses it but now she ignores it, and now shes acting weird she dumps the dish with substrate and dig herself a burrow underneath....i tried arranging it, i pulled the dish out and cleaned it, arrange the whole setup.

but still she dumps and dig underneath it all over again:confused: ..

sorry my post seemed offtopic....

anyways i really like talkenlate's setup...:worship: :worship:
thats not wierd rfor a rosie lol
mine has 2 hides and seldom uses either. sometimes it herds a roach into the clay pot and gets it in there and eats but usually she is out and visible.
and yeah i agree thats an awesome tank he has there i want some like that ... hmm is vivarium envy a mental illness?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Nope never molds, and if you are a breeder a coconut shell is a must for the ground dwellers.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
Nope never molds, and if you are a breeder a coconut shell is a must for the ground dwellers.
wow good for you, hmm why is it every-time i put coconut shell or even a piece of wood on the setup, after few days molds are starting to appear..
i even put them on microwave to dry it out. but still it molds a lot. hmmm HUMIDITY?:confused: