Post Ultimate Molt Attempt

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just six months after his ultimate molt, this male tried to have a post ultimate molt. A bit surprising being he was so young, but at least he was able to father a few eggsacs in that time. (2 and we're waiting on the 3rd).

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
I am curious. Do they ever survive a post ultimate molt? I know it would be a rare occurance if they did, but what exactly is it that kills them? Cant pull those pedipalp bulbs out since they are so large?

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Yea, it's survivable. But when they do, they either have deformed pedipalps or just lose them all together... Either way, they are "Unbreadable". It would be nice however to be able to keep them around just a bit longer and tell everyone how BA your male is because he beat DEATH :D

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea, it's survivable. But when they do, they either have deformed pedipalps or just lose them all together... Either way, they are "Unbreadable". It would be nice however to be able to keep them around just a bit longer and tell everyone how BA your male is because he beat DEATH :D
Unbreadable?.....I'm fairly certain you can dip them in flour and fry them up at any time. Though with a deformed pedipalp, he probably won't be able to breed. :) I'm tired...and I ate breaded fish for dinner....I couldn't resist.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude.. I am curious..

With all the breeding you do & all the egg sacs you produce.. Even with some of the most common Ts..

What do you do with them all? (I know you sell them..)

But to who? I rarely see post of yours in the classifieds.. If ever actually.. (I really aint looked there in a while! :eek: )

Do you have a business or something?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude.. I am curious..

With all the breeding you do & all the egg sacs you produce.. Even with some of the most common Ts..

What do you do with them all? (I know you sell them..)

But to who? I rarely see post of yours in the classifieds.. If ever actually.. (I really aint looked there in a while! :eek: )

Do you have a business or something?
The vast majority are sold in bulk lots to dealers. I keep a few back which I've started selling alongside my reptiles at the expos.