Post Rosie Molt

steel26man

Arachnopeon
Well, my rosie had a molt come forth, two days ago. I watched the whole process. I was fixated! What an awesome occurance! It was truely epic! What a glorious creation God hath created.

My question is: My rosie looks like I do, after drinking to much of my homebrew, sluggish, to say the least. I am assuming that the process itself drained a profound amount of energy from the gal (Yes, I identifed it!)

Am I correct in my assumptions?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very very correct...... imagine when you had to grow that you had to lay down and sluff off a layer of your skin that included your thoat and lungs and sexual organs...... she is going to be slow and sluggish and fragile for a while after the molt. Depending on how big she is she may not take prey for quite some time. Also do not handle her. She is really really soft and the new skin needs a chance to harden up some. Depending on the size this could take weeks.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh and make sure she has a full water dish! She may drink some before she decides to take prey again...... try to feed her in a week.... but if the food walks right by her untouched you can remove it and try again in a few days.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if she is subadult or adult already, you should wait even longer. for my big grammostola spec. girls i wait at least 3 weeks after a molt before feeding them. some will not take prey for up to 6 weeks. as long as she doesn't look very skinny, a longer wait will be better.

sometimes ts don't wait for their fangs to harden properly, if prey walks right past them. a friend of my mine lost her beautiful b. klaasi girl to an early feeding after a molt: she went after the cricket six days after her molt, broke her fangs and starved to death afterwards (she wouldn't take mushed crix).

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LEAVE her be just keep a eye on her give her water and do NOT FEED HER FOR say TWO WEEKS and she should be OK -- GOOD LUCK -- phil