Feedback Request Post Reactions

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
We currently have a total of 23 Post Reactions broken down into groups that only certain members can use:
  • Standard Account (everyone can use)
    • Dislike
    • Agree
    • Disagree
    • Informative
    • Funny
    • Helpful
  • Active Account (Active members, Arachnosupporter members, & Arachnosupporter Plus members can use)
    • Love
    • Optimistic
    • Useful
    • Creative
    • award
    • Lollipop
  • Arachnosupporter Account (Arachnosupporter members & Arachnosupporter Plus members can use)
    • Winner
    • Meh
    • Coffee
    • Cake
  • Arachnosupporter Plus Account (Arachnosupporter Plus members can use)
    • Beer
    • Cookie
    • Popcorn
    • Facepalm
Which ones "do you/do you not" actually consider "reactions"? Which would you get rid of and why? What reactions would you like to see added?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
MrD

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I think all of the existing ones are good. One I would like to see added would be a sort of "Thank You" reaction for if someone helps you. Not sure if it would be redundant because of the "Helpful" and "Informative" reactions, but its just a thought.

Thanks for all you do @MrDeranged,

Arthroverts

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
'Thank you' would be nice. So would a "are you kidding me" reaction. (Or perhaps a "you beat out 20 million other sperm to get here?" reaction).

Truly, thank you is a good reaction -- be nice if it was available for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Truly, thank you is a good reaction -- be nice if it was available for most people.
Agree, and it sure beats a Lollipop. Speaking of which, ambiguous reaction/responses, especially those which can be misconstrued -was that an honest reaction, sarcastic, ironic, back handed compliment, cheap shot, or or or can go away. With all the trolling and utter garbage blasting around the net constantly, it would do no harm for quality sites like AB to focus on the positive, constructive and/or beneficial, clearly and concisely.
Without falling into the overly pedantic and authoritarian antisocial, follow the basic rules that wikipedia maintains. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Policies_and_guidelines
And also, this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Etiquette

Last edited:

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Agree, I’ve never used the lollipop ‘cos I don’t know if it’s meant to sarcastic or not. Is it a reward for someone who’s good or is it to placate a kid having a tantrum?

I would also like a thank you button and maybe a Sorry.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
I would love to see a “wow” or “shocked” type of reaction. Something with exclamation to react to a post.

also a “thank you” reaction would be cool.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
So my votes are for a 'thank you' and 'wow/shocked' reaction(s) being added. :cool:

Actually, we probably also need an 'angered' reaction. Cuz some of the stuff posted on here... grrr.... well, there needs to be a reaction so we don't have to write it out why we're angry with poster. :yuck:

How else will people learn? :p

Last edited:

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
So my votes are for a 'thank you' and 'wow/shocked' reaction(s) being added. :cool:

Actually, we probably also need an 'angered' reaction. Cuz some of the stuff posted on here... grrr.... well, there needs to be a reaction so we don't have to write it out why we're angry with poster. :yuck:

How else will people learn? :p
I tend to use the ‘disagree’ button for those times

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I tend to use the ‘disagree’ button for those times
Sometimes you see a thread with so much wrong in it, you wish you hadn't read it. And then as more details and pix are shared in the thread, the more I want to simply click a reaction and move on. Yannoe, not get dragged into the discussion yet still leave some small mark. I try to leave such threads for AB members with more patience than I have.
So the ability to leave a small "angry" or "shock" reaction would just feel right. I guess those are just 'facepalm-if-you-have-it' situations...

Guess sometimes a simple 'disagree' would feel so empty and unsatisfying.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
More Star Trek always gets my vote. Cardassian would be neat. No idea what it’d really be used for but it’d be cool.

I think the current selection is good. Thank you would probably get used a lot.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm another one who votes for a 'Thank You' emoji. Also, I am another member who steers clear of lollipop and cake, because I am just not sure of their meaning. If I have to explain why I'm using an emoji, I don't use it.
What about the popcorn one, I don't see that in the lists above? Also, the sad emoji needs to fit in with the others and shouldn't have the white border. Sorry, I'm a bit ocd about things like that.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
What about the popcorn one, I don't see that in the lists above? Also, the sad emoji needs to fit in with the others and shouldn't have the white border.
Popcorn has been added into the list in the original post. All of the "reactions" will be getting an upgrade when the forum does ;)

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
A lot of the food ones confuse me and I don't really see why there are both 'helpful' and 'useful'.

It would be nice to have a 'lucky' rating, for when someone has something lucky happen to them and you want to congratulate them, or for when you're feeling envious of someone.

Minty

@londontarantulas
All of the current reactions are fine. They're just arbitrary and don't mean a great deal in reality.

The Snark

Old Timer
* Significant! (Of significant interest - very interesting)
* Food for thought
* Discuss this!

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
All of the current reactions are fine. They're just arbitrary and don't mean a great deal in reality.
I like the food ones when I want to react but am not sure how to actually react. Piece of cake, on to next thread. :)

Now popcorn -- that's saved for threads I think might go a bit weird or crazy and I know I want a front row seat to watch the mayhem (er, before the mods have to step in and save us from ourselves -- lol) ;)

The Snark

Old Timer
Now popcorn -- that's saved for threads I think might go a bit weird or crazy and I know I want a front row seat
But then we should also have a barf bag for the people in the back row who stay close to the bathroom.