Question Post Rating Meanings?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Is it possible to get a list of the post ratings and what the meaning of each is? I myself am interested in:
  • cake,
  • coffee,
  • lollipop,
  • popcorn,
  • optimistic,
  • award,
  • winner,
  • beer,
  • cookie,
  • popcorn
Thank you for your time!

cold blood

Staff member
Ah, ok, thanks. So, I guess popcorn will be bad because the movie theater ran out of butter:eek:.
I use popcorn when something is posted that could potentially lead to a heated exchange or a controversial subject....like, grab the popcorn, this is about to get interesting.

For example

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Is it possible to get a list of the post ratings and what the meaning of each is?
How I use them (or see them used):
  • optimistic: a sign of hope (usually in response to concerns about a pet's health)
  • award: a particularly useful post
  • winner: you won the thread (amusing or conclusive post)
  • coffee: Sober up! (I give these to @Chris LXXIX when he veers into bizarre tangents.) Alternatively, you are posting in a way that suggests you are too drowsy to think clearly.
  • cake: The cake is a lie.
  • beer: congratulations/cheers (clink)
  • cookie: patronizing or mocking
  • popcorn: a provocative post that will likely result in a heated exchange (get your popcorn, because the show's about to start); generally used when the rater intends to watch from the sidelines rather than weigh in
  • lollipop: patronizing or mocking (more negative than cookie)

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
cake: The cake is a lie.
Wheatley:
"Most test subjects do experience some, uh, cognitive deterioration after a few months in suspension. Now, you've been under for … quite a bit longer, and it's not out of the question that you might have a very minor case of serious brain damage. But don't be alarmed, all right? Although, if you do feel alarm, try to hold onto that feeling, because that is the proper reaction to being told you have brain damage."

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Since when was the lollipop rating considered negative, its more neutral IMO...like alright fair heres your lolly.
  • lollipop: patronizing or mocking (more negative than cookie)
Sounds more like the "Meh" rating to me. When did cookie become negative as well lol?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Yeah, pretty sure I gave you that one on my loss of power mid-rehouse thread.

Glad it wasn't received as "patronizing or mocking" lol, cause it wasn't meant to be. ;)
Haha, it was a pretty silly post so I wouldn't have minded if it was. Thanks for clarifying though:D.