Post Molt general inquiry

Delirious122

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone my Brachypelma albopilosum molted almost 2 weeks ago and I have not been able to see her fangs to ensure she has completely black fangs. My T's feeding day is tomorrow and I was wondering if I should attempt to feed her since it's almost been 2 weeks or wait one more to be on the safer side I seen a post saying it could range from a week to a month depending on the T. I have been giving her water and what not as per my other T's just was wondering what I should do feeding wise as it's my first molt I've received with my T's. Any tips will help thanks! :)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I usually offer adult Ts food about 10 days after a moult. You should be good to go at 2 weeks. I feed slings about 5 days after a moult.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
When my 3 inch C. Cyaneopubescens molted I waited 3 weeks. As I see it the longer you wait the better (within reason).

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
2 weeks should be more than enough time. If she isn't ready to eat then she won't even attempt to eat.

I usually offer a freshly moulted prey item for the first feeding after a moult anyway.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
2 weeks should be more than enough time. If she isn't ready to eat then she won't even attempt to eat.

I usually offer a freshly moulted prey item for the first feeding after a moult anyway.
This.

I also offer softer prey like waxworms

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
2 weeks is more then enough time for it to harden at that size, for a larger T that's an adult it's best to wait 3-4 weeks.

I usually just check out the color of the fangs, its the most reliable indicator, but as the @The Grym Reaper mentioned if its not ready to eat it will just ignore the prey.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm afraid I have to disagree with that. Just dont feed until fangs are black or enough time has passed for it to have completely hardened.

I have experienced some of my Phormictopus and Pamphobeteus species attacking the waterbowl when I am filling it, even when they are still a little jelly-like. Although they may not eat, they still have an instinctive feeding response. I think this is more typical in the species with larger appetites though.

Post molt meals are not as urgent as people seem to think. Rather safe than sorry.

Timc

Arachnosquire
My B. albopilosum also just molted about ten days ago to about 2.5 inches and won't be fed until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not in a rush (especially since this girl is still surprisingly fat). Congrats on the first molt! That's one of the addictive aspects of keeping!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey everyone my Brachypelma albopilosum molted almost 2 weeks ago and I have not been able to see her fangs to ensure she has completely black fangs. My T's feeding day is tomorrow and I was wondering if I should attempt to feed her since it's almost been 2 weeks or wait one more to be on the safer side I seen a post saying it could range from a week to a month depending on the T. I have been giving her water and what not as per my other T's just was wondering what I should do feeding wise as it's my first molt I've received with my T's. Any tips will help thanks! :)
No one can tell you because you haven't provided the size of your T

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She's about I'd say 3inches now I'd say b eye
If the abdomen is still plump, you have nothing to worry about. I don't have a specific feeding day for mine, as there is no such thing in the wild. If for whatever reason you cannot observe color after a couple of weeks, you can always put a smaller cricket in. If they don't want it, they will either bat it away, attack and drop it, or some other behavior indicating as such.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Should be good to go by now.