post molt care

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just so i'm clear, i hafta offer food after the fangs turn black and make sure the enclosure is well misted for hydration right?

even though i posted it already, my G.Aureo and H.Lividum slings both molted for the first time under my care. I noticed the G.Aureo's exo immediately. Actually, I had to flip the H.Lividum's leaf over to even see if anything had happen. She hadn't been out for a few days and I decided to get a peek. That's when she jumped out of the web tube proceeded to go nuts. I extracted the exo and was surprised at what I saw. She already has the Haplopelma markings on the abdomen and under the light, she already has a blue tinge.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats on the successful molts.

With small slings, which it seems like you have, you can wait around 5 days to feed. That's plenty of time, but yeah the black fang thing is correct. I just don't use it on slings since they are so small and it could be hard to tell. Just wait 5 days and you'll be perfectly fine. You can try at 3 days by tossing in a small cricket for a couple of minutes, if it's not taken remove it.

Yeah, mist it a little bit to keep them hydrated.

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Leaf?

You mentioned a leaf in your h. liv slings container, I have mine in the vial it came in with about an inch of sub no leaf and the little bugger burrowed right in I assume this is ok.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You mentioned a leaf in your h. liv slings container, I have mine in the vial it came in with about an inch of sub no leaf and the little bugger burrowed right in I assume this is ok.
That's okay, they will do that. His might be a little bit larger sling, and thus in a display cube, or KK with more habitat decor. They dont need much room as small slings...what size is yours?

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Size

It's about .75" maybe a little larger. I don't hanle spiders unless it is absolutely necessary along with the fact the the little guy has quite an attitude already. {D haha