Post gravid mating

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
How soon can you mate a female after she laid an eggsac? I know some species double clutch but is there any real time frame about when to mate the said female?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How soon can you mate a female after she laid an eggsac? I know some species double clutch but is there any real time frame about when to mate the said female?
You could give it a shot a couple days after.....but best to wait till she molts again.....

worst case senario, she eats the male, or molts out.....could also be hard on her physically to deal with 2 sacs per cycle....excluding those sp. who double clutch naturally.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You could give it a shot a couple days after.....but best to wait till she molts again.....

worst case senario, she eats the male, or molts out.....could also be hard on her physically to deal with 2 sacs per cycle....excluding those sp. who double clutch naturally.
Any Ts known for producing multiple sacs within a molt?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. iriminia, H. maculata, possibly some Ceratogyrus sp.(not sure) ...H. incei aswell....

...these second sacs being produced from the initial pairing, wich produced the 1st.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I had a C. Fasciatum that double clutched last year but first produced few egg with legs and the 2nd clutch was eaten by mites... I dont know if cyclosternum are known for double clutch or it was just a coincidence...

---------- Post added 03-25-2011 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Crawltech: is there a scientific study that says that females who were pushed to have 2 sacs per cycle would be at risk of having health issues even if given proper feeding and nutrition? I knew some people who sell their proven breeder females after laying a sac coz of the belief that its harder to reconditioned a female that just laid a sac as compared to a freshly matured/molted female. Any truth to this belief?:?

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I think Robc had a P. regalis double clutch. I am pretty sure that most any species has the capacity to double clutch. I don't know where I read that, but I remember reading it. :?

--Dan

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a C. Fasciatum that double clutched last year but first produced few egg with legs and the 2nd clutch was eaten by mites... I dont know if cyclosternum are known for double clutch or it was just a coincidence...

---------- Post added 03-25-2011 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-24-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Crawltech: is there a scientific study that says that females who were pushed to have 2 sacs per cycle would be at risk of having health issues even if given proper feeding and nutrition? I knew some people who sell their proven breeder females after laying a sac coz of the belief that its harder to reconditioned a female that just laid a sac as compared to a freshly matured/molted female. Any truth to this belief?:?
Im not positive on the risks of 2 sac per cycle,....

..and as for C. fasciatum...i used to have a female, that would make sacs like clockwork...no male needed...of course non wer fertile,...but man she used to pop'em out,...once, to twice a year sometimes...

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poecilotheria are reputed to double clutch, although ive never found they do.
Psalmopeous will double and triple clutch. I have an P. irminia female that produced 4 sacs from a single mating before I purchased her.
Many baboons will do so, and Ive had P. murinus and C. darlingi double clutch.