How to: Post a Breeding, Bite, or Sting Report (updated 4/1/2020)

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
In order to post a Breeding, Bite, or Sting report, there must already be a "Report Item" created for the species in the appropriate location:
If you have gone to the appropriate section and cannot find an item for the species you would like to leave a report about, please request that one be created by clicking here.

Once we have created the item you will be contacted and give a link to the report item that you requested. When you click on that link, you will be taken to a page similar to this:

report.png

Click on the "Write a Report" button: report button.png

The star rating should be selected as follows:
  • For Bite & Sting Reports:
    • 1 Star: Trivial: Inconsequential. Having no consequences. Causing no medical condition.
    • 2 Stars: Minor: Usually denoted by bleeding. Some degree of first aid, a bandage, scrubbing with antiseptic could/should/would have been used. You may have consulted a medical professional such as poison control for advice.
    • 3 Stars: Moderate: A vital sign, pulse rate, respirations or blood pressure was affected. First aid was required and a follow up by a medical professional, an ER visit, would have been indicated - whether this was done or not. Typically includes a bite that penetrated the skin by an unknown species of snake or spider. Human bites that break the skin go here. Hospitalization may be indicated/advised.
    • 4 Stars: Major: More than one vital sign was involved and commonly other symptoms were present and marked. Medical follow up was strongly advised. Hospitalization is usually in order.
    • 5 Stars: Extreme: Life threatening.
  • Breeding Reports: 1 Star (Hardest species I ever tried to breed) - 5 Stars (Put them together and had slings the next day)

Thanks to @The Snark for the suggesting the "Star scale" for bite and sting reports

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If you found this tutorial useful please let us know by rating the tutorial. Available ratings are limited for everyone in this forum. You may not see all the choices in the example image below.

upload_2019-11-19_15-31-22.png

Replies to the tutorials are only for questions about the tutorial. Any other posts will be deleted.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Is there a way to read in detail about what transpired prior to the bite? or is the star rating system the only way? I was browsing the bite reports and could not see much info. Only the info from the OLD bite reports threads but that part of the site seems to be obsolete.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Is there a way to read in detail about what transpired prior to the bite? or is the star rating system the only way?
Not sure what you mean. Each report should have a section called "circumstance" where a user should post what occured prior to the bite. Please note, not all Report Items have reports.

For example:
If you are on the bite report list and you don't see any stars on the right hand side, it means that no reports have been made for that species.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Not sure what you mean. Each report should have a section called "circumstance" where a user should post what occured prior to the bite. Please note, not all Report Items have reports.

For example:
If you are on the bite report list and you don't see any stars on the right hand side, it means that no reports have been made for that species.
Gotcha , thank you for clarifying that. Its been a long time since I was an active user so still getting used to the new layout here at AB. Thanks again!

Martsinsects

Arachnopeon
Is is possible to create a new breeding report for the Neoholothele incei? Mine just mated.

TyderExoticsDamon

Arachnopeon
Chilobrachys Guangxiensis i couldn't find one i took a small tag and would like to report it as they seem to be becoming more pronounced in the hobby and are quite potent

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Please note: This thread is not the correct place to request report item creation. If you would like to have an item created to leave a report, please click here.