Possumburg's Picture Thread

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I had no T's a month ago now here is my collection!
Grammostola rosea "Queen" My first!

Aphonopelma hentzi

Avicularia metallica

Avicularia avicularia

Hysterocrates gigas

Psalmopoeus irminia

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sure is a cute little irminia.. :D Glad I will be able to watch it grow.. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh.. Your rosea is not eating because its in heavy premolt.. Notice the black on its rump? :}

possumburg

Arachnosquire
That sure is a cute little irminia.. :D Glad I will be able to watch it grow.. :D
Man you surprised the heck out of me with that! I have already started planning for when transfer time comes. I gotta be prepared for that little speed demon!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Oh.. Your rosea is not eating because its in heavy premolt.. Notice the black on its rump? :}
That explains it lol. I thought the whole rump turned dark before they molted (I'm still learning) :eek: . Thanks for the heads up!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joey, +1 on those new additions! I had a great time looking around with you and Tommy yesterday. Hopefully our next field trip will be productive as well. :wall:{D

Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man you surprised the heck out of me with that! I have already started planning for when transfer time comes. I gotta be prepared for that little speed demon!
LoL.. I wasnt planning on it.. But I figured I am fixxing to get an egg sac from my girl one day.. What the heck.. Right? :D

The transfer wont my that much of a task.. They are really not that bad.. You can get use to his/her speed as she grows.. Just make sure you do the transfer in an open area.. That way.. If it does dart off.. You have plenty of space to catch it & it wont be running loose in the house with the new kiddo.. ;)
That explains it lol. I thought the whole rump turned dark before they molted (I'm still learning) :eek: . Thanks for the heads up!
The whole rump probably is dark.. You just cant see it all due to the urticating hairs that are covering it.. You notice at the front of her rump nearest the carapace.. Its the area that is dark.. Im not saying she will molt anytime soon.. Im just saying dont offer her anymore food.> She wont take it until she molts.. Which.. IME.. Wont be to terribly long from now.. But nothing I can really say with a garuntee.. ;)
Joey, +1 on those new additions! I had a great time looking around with you and Tommy yesterday. Hopefully our next field trip will be productive as well. :wall:{D

Terry
Was a good trip.. :D Hope we find something really interesting next time.. Though.. I really enjoyed seeing those wolfs with an egg sac.. That was really neat.. :D

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Ok got the video working in case anyone tried to see it while I was in noob mode :?{D

possumburg

Arachnosquire
New Additions!

Terry D picked these up for me today even though I told him he didn't have to. He is a really awesome guy, glad to call him a friend!

Up first a very plump Acanthoscurria geniculata who is going to be put on a diet.

And another Aphonopelma hentzi, these are fast becoming my favorite Ts!

Again thanks Terry you da MAN bro!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You're certainly welcome!

Joey, Don't forget. You've got one of these li'l pulchras coming at you soon as well. Actually, I feel I'm still too far ahead after this awesome little camera you gave me :eek:.

Yep, that's one huge genic. The guy I got her from just tossed in 8-10 crickets a week to feed her with an occasional break. She definitely does need a diet and hasn't molted in over a year. Fully stretched out she's 6.5" at least. Her opisthosoma's larger than a golfball. She'll make a nice display spider not to mention being ready to breed once she molts. Maybe we can go halves on a mm. :)

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Joey, Don't forget. You've got one of these li'l pulchras coming at you soon as well. Actually, I feel I'm still too far ahead after this awesome little camera you gave me :eek:.

Yep, that's one huge genic. The guy I got her from just tossed in 8-10 crickets a week to feed her with an occasional break. She definitely does need a diet and hasn't molted in over a year. Fully stretched out she's 6.5" at least. Her opisthosoma's larger than a golfball. She'll make a nice display spider not to mention being ready to breed once she molts. Maybe we can go halves on a mm. :)
Sounds like a plan to me :cool:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow! That li'l guy's puttin the weight on!! I was kinda worried about it the day we found it. Right on! ;)

T