Possibly skipped molt???

JonnyisaGO!

Arachnopeon
I don't know if this is even possible but....it seems my regalis did exactly that. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not but it almost looks like the carapace is lifted up a bit and I think I can almost see the dark outline of the new carapace underneath. I don't know what to do. He seems fine and eats still and everything. I just cleaned out his cage yesterday. I'm wondering if theres anything I could do about the situation? Maybe raise the humidity to "beady window" and hope that it loosens the old skin and forces a molt? I heard that water helps loosen it up a bit. AAAAAh i'm not sure. Anyways, any advice at all would be nice so please help a brotha out.

Evil Seedlet

Arachnopeon
You say "He," is it a mature male? If so, a lot of them that try to molt again after they mature seem to mess it up and usually die :/ Other than that, I have no idea. Pics would be super helpful.

JonnyisaGO!

Arachnopeon
I don't think he's mature. In fact I'm not sure if it is a he at all hahaha. I'm just used to saying it because for the longest time it appeared to be a "he" and then a "she" and now I just can't tell. I got him in 09 as a 1.5 inch sling so I don't think he's mature yet. I'll try to get pictures later today because I have noooo idea where or how to use the camera.

JonnyisaGO!

Arachnopeon
Thanks xhexdx. Is it something that the t will just do on its own when its ready or will it just wait til the next molt and just 'wiggle' out of two?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There aren't two molts. What you see is perfectly normal and it'll molt when it's good and ready.