Possibly Silly Question

elbereth

Arachnopeon
I have two AGBs, one of which is dying from "limp back." I know that there are other animals that require companionship to thrive. Do millipedes have this requirement? Basically, do I need to get Stump a friend or will she be happy having the whole tank to herself?

TLDR Can my millipede be a grumpy old hermit?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I would say that millipedes aren't reliant on social interaction to be healthy. Given, I have never owned millipedes (especially an AGB), but from what I have seen people have kept them by themselves and they do well. The only insect I could think of that may "need" social interaction are roaches, but milli's should be fine. Don't know what a "limp back" could be caused from, but good luck to you! Pics would help too ;)

elbereth

Arachnopeon
A fungal infection that is generally fatal. It's something that pedes get when fairly old. While I am trying antifungal treatment, I have never heard of any pedes surviving. :(

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Most inverts don't have a social requirement; the stress of another large, moving body may even harm a sick millipede but in this case I don't think it makes a difference. The infection could also be contagious so isolation of sick individuals is best.

I hope she recovers or at least passes in peace. Good luck with your treatment.