Possibley stressed

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got My h.spinifer yesterday temperatures are good and so is the humidity but at night they are out and wondering around until like 7 in the morning one goes into its burrow while the other one just walks around is this stress

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
No, probably not, they are most likely just getting used to the new enclosure. They will settle down in a few days. If you maintain the enclosure properly (keep it clean), keep the humidity/temperature where it should be, and feed it, it should be fine. I don't think anything is wrong.:)

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
how would you know if it is stressed anyways? Just curious
Don't want to make this too long, but there are actually many signs. The most obvious are fleeing, digging, or assuming a defensive position. If the scorpion wanders too much in daylight hours through the enclosure, there could be something wrong. To the extreme, some scorpions may refuse food or become aggressive or even cannabalistic.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just put mine in a new terrarium yesterday and hes gone into hiding maybe for a few hours, the rest of the time hes spent climbing the walls and even hanging up side down on the ceiling for the better part of the day! I always thought that it was normal for them to explore even during the day time?

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you just got your scorp the other day and you've put it in a brand new enclosure then I'd pretty sure it experienced at least some stress in the move. It could still be stressed in it's new tank. But that's normal and it's ok for a scorp in a new tank. IMHO a little bit of stress is good for them.

If it doesn't settle down after a week then you might need to change something. Until then keep the temp and humidity comfortable for your little buddy and wait for him to dig in.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I just put mine in a new terrarium yesterday and hes gone into hiding maybe for a few hours, the rest of the time hes spent climbing the walls and even hanging up side down on the ceiling for the better part of the day! I always thought that it was normal for them to explore even during the day time?
If it's in a new enclosure, it should be alright. It is just getting used to the new environment.