Possible to sex?

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heya guys, I have a question. Is it possible to sex this P. cambridgei? I measured it today while it rested on the glass and it measured 8.5 cm(3.3 inches) LS, before the molt was 4-5 cm(1.7-2 inches). And took this photo of it, it is the best I have of it underneath. So any idea if its a boy or a girl?

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ventrally looks female to me.

I didn't see a tell-tale spot indicating male. As well the forward set of book lungs are well spaced.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Again, I am no expert at ventral sexing, but my immediate reaction was female.

Marga

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you guys! I think I have such a luck with female spiders I guess. :D I am so happy, I have three confirmed females now(P. cambridgei, A. versicolor, B. smithi). Now I need to find out if its my new A. geniculata a girl too!:clap:

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok I have another job for you guys! :D

I just rehoused my A. geniculata and s/he climed a bit so I took a picture underneth. Is it possible to sex this one? I think its a female, the guy who sold it said he thinks its a she as well with all the signs but he wasn't sure 100% since it destroyed the molt. Here is the pic:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thank you guys! I think I have such a luck with female spiders I guess. :D I am so happy, I have three confirmed females now(P. cambridgei, A. versicolor, B. smithi). Now I need to find out if its my new A. geniculata a girl too!:clap:
I wouldnt go as far as to say confirmed female. Confirmed means sexed via molt.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WeMe too, though I will wait both to molt and see. I still hope they would both be females though. :wall: