Possible to breed aprox 3inch female OBT?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Do you think its possible to breed and produce a viable sack from a female OBT thats around 3 inch DSL?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
What's the smallest any body has ever seen one produce a sac?

What would you say is the smallest size possible to breed one?

louise f

Arachnoangel
Some species can be mated when they reach a body size of 4-5cm. Well that depends so much on the species. Because when it comes to dwarfs you can do it at a much smaller size :D

I dont remember how big my P.murinus was when she was mated. But this is her

upload_2016-9-20_22-21-58.png
upload_2016-9-20_22-22-35.png

Attachments

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a documentation of a 2.5 inch female OBT with an eggsac. I don't agree with breeding small females in any way,but it is possible.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I was hopeing to hear some more opinions before @Misty Day ruined my fun..:p

My friends buddy produced a sac of 47 slings from this little female she is just over 3in.. Here is short clip of the sac being pulled..

Damn it's not letting me post the vid I'll try to figure it out and get it posted..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its saying the upload file doesn't have an allowed extension.. Any one know how to get around this?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
even if possible, i doubt it has a good effect on the immature female.[/QUOI just thought it was interesting that is possible..

Its been said that when bred young some females don't get as large as others of the same sp.that were bred when fully grown..

It's also been said they don't live as long..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh really? Ha! She's 6" now. Really awesome T.
I posted this thread to see what kind of opinions it would bring up and in hopes of generating posts like yours.. I feel we are still in the early stages of understanding the captive bred Tarantula and possibly lifting some dogma in a few areas..

Your post is very much appreciated and IMO very valuable.. Thank you..

Yes some day I will pm you the story but not tonight I have to crash! In the name of transparency I humped the bunk on the deal( day late dollar short situation) Lol.. Botar is a great guy... I wish he was still active in the community..

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
No, and why would you breed an OBT? The market's flooded with them and most dealers won't even take them for free.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
No, and why would you breed an OBT? The market's flooded with them and most dealers won't even take them for free.
You're a little late to the party..Watch the videos its possible Lol..

Who cares about the dealers or the money...I have a ton of people asking for them all the time.. So what I take a $20 hit on shipping off a male and then have 130 slings to pass off to friends or use in trades..

By no means am I a OBT fanboy but some people are and I'm glad I can offer them a species that makes them happy..