Possible Salticus Scenius Eggsack.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hello everyone! I've got a Salticus Scenius (Zebra Jumping Spider) that webbed up a corner of its cage that has a yellowish blotch in it. The spider has not come out at all since webbing up. Its wild caught and is around three-fourths of an inch. Does it need any special care? Do I need to drop water on to the web for it to drink? Any help is greatly appreciated. Pictures pending soon.
Thanks

jaredc

Arachnosquire
It could definitely use some hydration, you can mist the sides of the tank or leave water droplets on a leaf every few days. That should provide enough humidity for the egg sac. Just don't spray the sac directly. What are you currently feeding?

Chuckiee

Arachnopeon
First of all don't disturb her because you can stress her out or damage the sac...And as jaredc said just leave water droplets on a leaf every few days,you can feed with flightless fruit flies or wingless fruit flies but I prefer flightless because they will never be able to fly so its much easier for you to take them out of jar and feed to spider but wingless will regrow their wings and be able to fly then,you can also feed with pinhead crickets

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
The spider webbed up the top corner of the enclosure, even the lid, so I cannot open the lid very much, lest I disturb the eggsack. Plus their's fungi growing in the cage, not happy about that. I fed a wild caught butterfly or moth, then pinhead crickets. Do I still feed her while she has the eggsack?
Thanks

Chuckiee

Arachnopeon
The spider webbed up the top corner of the enclosure, even the lid, so I cannot open the lid very much, lest I disturb the eggsack. Plus their's fungi growing in the cage, not happy about that. I fed a wild caught butterfly or moth, then pinhead crickets. Do I still feed her while she has the eggsack?
Thanks
Fungi is growing because it's way too moist inside the jar,you need to put less water inside..but now find some way if possible to clean that fungi without damaging too much web as it can "kill" your spider and yes of course you still need to feed her

jaredc

Arachnosquire
If you find a blue bottle fly that may be a good prey item for your female as she watches her sac. It can't damage anything and it will be easy to take down. Just place it in the fridge for 30 minutes so it slows down. Another option would be a very small mealworm. You can stroke the entrance to her nest with it to coerce her out, or you can place it in a bottle cap if she continues to explore during the day.