Possible moult Mat??

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My A. genicualta webbed this nifty little hammock last night, could this be her getting ready to moult?? Shes been refusing food for weeks and her abdomin has gone really dark aswell.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, it's quite possible given what you've described. Good luck!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks pretty greyish over-all too. i'd say yes it's close to moult time.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like its coming soon! But dont wait up for her, even when she decides to flip over at that size you might be in for a bit of a wait before you see it all begin.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like its coming soon! But dont wait up for her, even when she decides to flip over at that size you might be in for a bit of a wait before you see it all begin.
I'd certainly try to watch the whole thing, but I know it could take SOME time!!!
Shes just been adding to webbing and mixing urticating hairs into it aswell. I'll be keeping a watchful eye over the next few days.

Thanks for all the replies

Mike

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If she is kicking off hairs, then its really coming soon. Everytime I have seen them do that they flip over within the next two hours. Keep vibrations around her to a minimum and watch her grow!

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok Im now VERY nervous!!!! lol I've only had two slings moult before and I didnt see either!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing to be to nervous about, shes on auto pilot right now and knows what to do. Good luck! Keep those pics coming.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
make some popcorn. it's gonna be a while... {D

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not too bad, its 8:55 in the evening and I have 13 hours till I have to be in work!!!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Not too bad, its 8:55 in the evening and I have 13 hours till I have to be in work!!!
Oh cool, wasn't exactly sure what time it was there.:)
I'm betting a little over 3 hours she'll be finished.

-Sean

Last edited:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How exciting, I remember when I came home to my rosea laying on her back. I put fresh batteries in the camera, put some in the charger, and sat down by the desk where I keep her tank.

Waited 3 hours straight with my eyes glued on her, finger on the 'take a picture' button on the camera. Nothing. I ended up falling asleep by the tank, and woke up groggy, looking at a fresh tarantula. Haha.

My advice is, take some caffeine pills. Or if you can, set your camera up on a tripod, set it to take a snapshot every 20 second increments, and put in the AC adapter. I wish I thought of that sooner...

Good Luck.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Less the 40 minutes till she flipped nice...... I would go to bed If I were you. How big is she. If shes over or close to 4" your not going to get any sleep. She could lay there for 5-6+ hours before popping her top.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice, whats her size? My 11cm(before molt) female only took around 2 hours from flipping over to getting back on her feet. She took no where near as long as other types of Ts. Good luck and keep us updated.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Shes over 4" at the mo..... I might try and get some sleep now and set the alarm for a few hours!!

Cheers

Mike

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And I've two fresh sets of batteries for the camera and I've wiped the memory!!! Now wheres that coffee!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I put the over under on her completing the molt at 6 hours. Any takers?

I say 6 hrs 41 minutes :D