Possible Molting Trouble

Ph4nToM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all, when I woke up about 2 hours ago I noticed my 1" B.vagans s'ling was on its back laying on a web mat against the side of the vial its in. After 2 hours it hasnt moved at all.. I added a bit of water on the soil on the opposite side of the vial about an hour ago and it still hasnt moved.

Now I know it can take some time for T's to molt etc.. but this guy is only an inch and I have always seen most s'lings molt in about 30 mins to just over an hour.

Is the spider in trouble? Or am I just worried over nothing?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just wait it out, even slings can take their sweet time sometimes. I have 40 or so Vagans slings, and when they started hitting 1"+ the molt process was taking about an hour and a half too 3 hours. It just all depends. But dont bug her now that shes on her back. Once the top pops things will be done and over with in 30 minuts or less.
Even if there is some sort of molt problem, at that size you won't be able to do anything to help they are to fragile. So cross your fingers and try and relax.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, just wait it out. It will pop out of its old skin when its good and ready. Just leave it only and don't stress it out. Good luck

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Molt was successful, thanks again.
Congrats, its just a waiting game, that's all.

My vagans molted about a week ago as well, they look gorgeous, when they have their adult colors, after a molt.