Possable infestation?!

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was doing the feeding thing and I noticed a fruitfly crawling on the substrate...I looked feverishly for mite or any other little bugs that could be in the soil even went as far as taking samples out and spreading it out on white paper...there was nothing...is it possable a fruitfly might have just flown in through the screen or soemthing (i dont use FF as feeders)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's not anything to be overly concerned about. They will sometimes be attracted to the remains of whatever you are feeding your T. Let the tank dry out some if its wet and that should do it and spot clean the best you can. I have flies and gnats sometimes and they have never really done anything harmful they are more annoying then anything else.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's probably a fungus gnat. Very common. They just eat fungus, no threat to your T, but can be annoying.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh ok...scarey story i was just cleaning and i noticed something with the hide (The T was on the other side of the tank dont worry) so i lifted to cork bark roof and there was 2 crix hiding on the ceiling!! Imagine if the T had molted....they'd been like vultures *shudder*...now I gotta find out how to prevent that...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you pay attention to you T and look for signs of premolt like food refusal then you won't have this problem. Typically if they don't kill what is offered overnight I remove the item. This will also somewhat prevent tons of tiny crickets being born from the adults wandering all over and laying eggs. (but I dont use crickets anymore so thats not an issue for me.)

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah see that's what I usually do...the crix were dissapearring so I figured they were lunch. Then I found them on the ceiling of the hide that I can't see without taking it off....so now when she decides to stop being a baby and come back off the glass (It's a G.rosea..no its not wet, as you heard before theres no mites or anything)...I can fish the crix out and put the lid back on her hide ^^