Portraits: Updated

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
First time using my Lester Dine Lens.
Working out the kinks.

It was a bad E-bay experience but I ended up with a functional ( repaired ) lens, though the focus moves far too rough.. the lens is decent.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've always been timid about lenses on ebay. I buy only from the Trusted sellers with the highest ratings. Always seems to work out well. You pay a little more for the piece of mind.

Nerri1029

Old Timer
I've always been timid about lenses on ebay. I buy only from the Trusted sellers with the highest ratings. Always seems to work out well. You pay a little more for the piece of mind.
Yeah I've had good luck on several lenses prior, this guy was a crook and due to my persistence is no longer selling.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I am still not odne going through 2500 photos from my previous wedding,(3day event) so I will post 2 average shots and later on take the 3 best from the 2500 and post it here :)

Last edited:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Havn't seen any updates from spider yet :(
Heres one of my bosses kids.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry I've been gone for so long!

Here is one from this week :)

Holley Primm of Live 80, a band from Dallas, TX.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Portraits aren't my strong point (ya know, because they involve other humans usually).. but I got this one of my son the other day that I liked...

And, if we can post non-human portraits... I'd like to share these :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those dog pics are beautiful teal :) what lens?

spider i want those boots lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thank you Crysta :) They were taken with a stock little Nikon... I'm not sure of the dimensions, it was a borrowed camera that I was using for the first time. They are also unedited, except re-sizing and the text :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks spider :)

I wish I had money for a decent camera and set up.. I'd be SO happy lol

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just recently bought the new Canon EOS 60D. It's pretty legit.
Wasn't sure at first about it but I'd only be out 950 and could return it.
But, as always with Canon, it performs spectacularly. 18mp CMOS Sensor with 1080p HD recording as well. The flip out screen is great too because when I put it up, I close the screen and dont worry about scratches.

this shot here is from my old Canon EOS 50D (15mp cmos sensor, 6.3 fps)

I think the details of this shot are SS 1/160, ISO 100, f3.5, and two flashes from behind me at above left and right triggered wirelessly via CT-04

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This picture doesn't deserve to be in this thread from an artistic standpoint, but since there is talk of technique I thought I would add it.

Last night I figured I would start to muck about with high speed photography. I won't be in town to pick up electronics components to do a piezoelectric or mic-based trigger for a bit, so I figured I'd go low tech. Two sheets of cardboard with tin foil at the edges acting as a switch on the flash. Set the camera up for a long exposure in total darkness, stumbled my way to a piece of wood I'd put on the floor to get my mark and then hit the bag with the trigger taped to it.

There was no delay, so you don't really get the deflection of the bag. Also, the trigger cast a shadow on my hand and even when edited out it doesn't look quite right. Still, as first attemps go I think I like direction and will play around with it more in future.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Nerri1029

Old Timer
This picture doesn't deserve to be in this thread from an artistic standpoint, but since there is talk of technique I thought I would add it.

Last night I figured I would start to muck about with high speed photography. I won't be in town to pick up electronics components to do a piezoelectric or mic-based trigger for a bit, so I figured I'd go low tech. Two sheets of cardboard with tin foil at the edges acting as a switch on the flash. Set the camera up for a long exposure in total darkness, stumbled my way to a piece of wood I'd put on the floor to get my mark and then hit the bag with the trigger taped to it.

There was no delay, so you don't really get the deflection of the bag. Also, the trigger cast a shadow on my hand and even when edited out it doesn't look quite right. Still, as first attempts go I think I like direction and will play around with it more in future.

Cheers,
Dave
very cool :)

what if the trigger was behind the bag and required a small deflection ??

one of my latest. The over exposure was accidental.. but I kind of like it.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I should have moved her further from the wall to prevent a shadow, but I let it slide

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That outfit is sensational.. I forgot to say that last time! lol

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last edited: