Poor timing=dead spiders

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^^everyone should move to Indiana. Cold as freezing as almost anywhere and heat as scorching in the summer. its a shock most Hoosiers seem happy and polite with the cruddy weather lol btw all is not lost op. Those spiders are probably sitting inside and may be fine. What r they and how big? I'll cross my fingers for you :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They could still make it if packed well enough, I've had Tarantulas shipped from Poland to England before, they took 5-6 days to arrive and were fine.

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
Went to our fedex sorting facility. They have a shipment imbound with my box on it but I can't intercept it from them even when it gets there. I have to wait for them to deliver it even if I'm at the facility and it's sitting in the building. I'm heartbroken.

At this point all I can do is hope they survive. Feeling utterly defeated.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Went to our fedex sorting facility. They have a shipment imbound with my box on it but I can't intercept it from them even when it gets there. I have to wait for them to deliver it even if I'm at the facility and it's sitting in the building. I'm heartbroken.

As long as they're not sitting in an unheated truck/warehouse they could be OK. Don't despair until you get them and see that they're gone.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I wish your T's the best of luck. Any updates on whether or not you're able to intercept the package?

***edit*** I'm sorry I didn't see your last post. I still hope they arrive unharmed

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it's the buyer's responsibility to look at weather and determine the best time to ship
I disagree with you on that. It's the seller's product. It's the seller's ultimate responsibility to do his/her best to make sure their product arrives their as it should.

The seller is the first/last point of contact w/merchandise, they have the final say. I can't imagine why you think it's the buyer's responsibility................o_O:watchingyou::wideyed:

I do think buyer should provide input, but some don't.

because it's just from southern California to norcal :). Clearly the solution is to move!
Because living in a state with an obscene cost of existing, not even living, is a wonderful way to live and increase one's exotic animal collection :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
I think it is ridiculous that you aren't allowed to get your package out.
Don't lose hope yet, especially if the spiders are juvies or young adults, they could still be okay!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I disagree with you on that. It's the seller's product. It's the seller's ultimate responsibility to do his/her best to make sure their product arrives their as it should.

The seller is the first/last point of contact w/merchandise, they have the final say. I can't imagine why you think it's the buyer's responsibility................o_O:watchingyou::wideyed:

I do think buyer should provide input, but some don't.
I'm basing this from a supplier perspective. Once cash has been transferred, it's no longer the seller's property - the buyer has taken possession of it, even if they don't have it yet. There's a concept in supply chain networking called Shift in Liability; in essence, the supplier can suggest certain aspect, but it's up to the buyer to adhere to them. The buyer has certain aspects of doing business that create liability, and they want to unburden themselves of them as quickly as possible. This is especially true once funds have traded hands. These aspects are usually passively outlined in some kind of guarantee (in this case, the LAG). It's impossible for the buyer to unload all liabilities even after the sale, but the vast majority of responsibility is shifted to the customer once payment is received. For instance, if a buyer orders a set of computer chips from a seller, then those chips are obviously fragile. However, if the buyer has them delivered to a plant whose only inlet is a bumpy dirt road, then some of the chips will be damaged and the liability has shifted to the buyer.

A much simpler way to look at it is this. A buyer gave cash to the seller, so it's no longer the seller's property. The buyer literally told the seller what to do with their items, and the seller did as they were told. It's not the seller's responsibility to negotiate the buyer's demands - truth be told, the seller got the cash, so what happens to the product is inconsequential at that point.

And yes, I understand that we're talking about live animals and not computer chips. But from a financial point of view, a product is a product. There is no difference.

EDIT
Citation: Coyle, J. J., Langley, C. J., Novack, R. A., & Gibson, B. J. (2017). Supply chain management: a logistics perspective. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I think there are great arguments for both sides - however if I'm a seller, I am going to do everything I can to make sure my buyers have a great experiences and perspective of how I handle my business. If that includes a quick check on weather, then you know me and everyone that work for me are going to be making that check. Simple business...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong - there would still be the LAG exceptions due to carrier delays/weather but a check and notification/hold seems reasonable.

Because living in a state with an obscene cost of existing, not even living, is a wonderful way to live and increase one's exotic animal collection :D
Bah! Easy problem to solve. Just make more money!

Last edited:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Bah! Easy problem to solve. Just make more money!
Lol, go tell that to the unemployed in Detroit!

I get that you´re probably just joking, but that comment is about as intelligent as the one attributed to Marie Antoinette when she was told that the people were starving and had no bread: "let them eat cake!"

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I get that you´re probably just joking, but that comment is about as intelligent as the one attributed to Marie Antoinette when she was told that the people were starving and had no bread: "let them eat cake!"
What? You don't like cake?

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
Package arrived. They even gave me a freebie b albo, but everything is completely dead. I should have waited to ship i feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Don't feel bad you make mistakes you learn you don't make the same mistakes again it still sucks but sometimes that's the way it goes

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
ouch.. i try to never be optimistic with delayed packages. im either right or pleasantly surprised.

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
What species were they :(
Caribena versicolor.

Guy told me to let them warm for a bit just in case they're REALLY cold so I've put them in their enclosures and will leave them overnight but honestly it's pointless. They're not 'death curled' but they're lifeless. I think they'd be curled if they had more room to move around in their packaging.