Poor Mommy Looking for her Sac

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not one for anthrophomorphism in dealing with my spiders. I just feel real sorry for a female after I pull her eggsac.

Right now, I have a L. parahybana searching for the sac I just stole from her. I can actually see the tears in her eyes and hoping someone will put out an Amber Alert. I'm thinking about putting a little Prozac in her waterdish.;P

Anyone else feel like this?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Dang, when I pulled the C. fimbriatus sac, I didn't care what she thought. That's the meanest T I have ever seen, usually I can get a sack from a female in a few minutes, this one took like 20+.

I didn't care what she thought, I was glad I still had all my fingers.
But I do feel for them a bit when they reject any form of fake eggsack..

-Sean

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
seeing as how if they get really hungry or stressed they will eat the eggs i have a really hard time feeling like they will miss it to much. but who knows maybe a prozac could help.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It would be sad if tarantulas had the emotional capacities of humans but they don't. I know what you mean though. I just have to keep telling myself they don't feel, just operate solely on instinct alone.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i keep telling that to myself as well. but gosh, i still felt bad when my a. versicolor mom kept looking for her sac for about 2 days...:eek:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
even if they feel no emotion that doesnt mean they dont experience a level of panic and stress when the sack is taken.