Poor little boehmei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a shipment that was supposed to get to me USPS express yesterday. Of course, even though I told the seller to waive the signature requirement, the Post Office somehow didn’t see fit to just leave my package at the concierge’s desk of my apartment complex. So I ran and picked up my three new babies this morning. Two little Avic slings and a 2” B. boehmei. Somehow against all logic the two little Avics were just fine, but the B. boehmei was in a death curl. There was some small amount of movement in when I touched her, so she went right into an ICU. I don’t think cold was an issue because there was a heat pack and the two Avics would have been effected. The paper towel was bone dry when I pulled her out of it so I’m going to go with dehydration and probably stress. After about ten minutes in the ICU she started to uncurl and move her legs a tiny bit. I had her on her back and fed her water with a dropper. She never actually moved her mouth to drink it though, it more or less just slowly absorbed when I put a drop at her mouth. After a little while of that I went to roll her over back right side up and she went right back into a death curl, so rather than keep disturbing her I left her on her back figuring she’ll roll over if she starts to feel better. She has a very damp paper towel, two small water dishes, a nice warm room, and darkness. I’m stuck at work for the day now. So all I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. She’s showing some color and looks like she would be so pretty. I really hope she pulls through.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh damn im so sorry to hear that. I hope it pulls through for you :(
-Nate

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Sorry to hear Esther,

I hate when shipments don't arrive safely and animals are lost. I hope the little B. boehmei pulls through. Sounds like it may.

I wished the tranaction was smooth for you but I guess it didn't work out. I have not lost many animals of all the years I've been shipping. Each time I hear about a loss, It bums me out liek the first one did no matter how many there has been. I shipped them like promised on Monday the 19th via USPS Express Mail. They checked next day on the slip by 12:00.

I ran the tracking number and here's what I got from it:

Acceptance, February 19, 2008, 12:30 pm, NAUGATUCK, CT 06770
Processed, February 19, 2008, 6:03 pm, HARTFORD, CT 06199
Arrival at Unit, February 20, 2008, 10:07 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206
Notice Left, February 20, 2008, 11:03 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206
Delivered, February 22, 2008, 8:43 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206

Where was the notice left at and why weren't you able to pick them up for 3 days? The post office doesn't not care if the box is checked for waiver of signature. They do what they wish. To ship a box in the middle of winter and to drop on porch is not good for any of us whether that be seller or buyer.

3 days is still 3 days in the middle of winter. It's cold out there.

Last edited:

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YOU SHIPPED THE 19TH!!! Well... I think we have found our problem then.

Please go back and check our PM's.

If I can paypal you tomorrow morning (payday) I also really want a 4" female robustem.

Only catch is that I'm leaving town tomorrow and won't be back until Wednesday night. Could you delay shipping until Thursday?

I later substituted the B. bohemei for the robustem. But that shouldn't have changed the send date... Good lord... the poor thing.

Sorry to hear Esther,

I hate when shipments don't arrive safely and animals are lost. I wished the tranaction was smooth for you but I guess it didn't work out.

I shipped them like promised on Monday the 19th via USPS Express Mail. They checked next day on the slip by 12:00.

I ran the tracking number and here's what I got from it:

Acceptance, February 19, 2008, 12:30 pm, NAUGATUCK, CT 06770
Processed, February 19, 2008, 6:03 pm, HARTFORD, CT 06199
Arrival at Unit, February 20, 2008, 10:07 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206
Notice Left, February 20, 2008, 11:03 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206
Delivered, February 22, 2008, 8:43 am, ARLINGTON, VA 22206

Where was the notice left and why weren't you able to pick them up for 3days? The post office doesn't not care if the box is checked for waiver of signature. They do what they wish. To ship a box in the middle of winter and to drop on porch is not good for any of us whether that be seller or buyer.

3 days is still 3 days.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Yep, 23 boxes went out on Monday. I spent all day Saturday and Sunday packing for the date to ship out. I didn't have a note on the delivery after Thursday. I wouldn't ship anything out after Wednsday anyways.... may get hung up somewhere in the winter.

I work 6:00 am to 5:30 pm 5 days and Saturdays. I don't have time to make multiple post offce trips. My job pays my bills..not my spiders. I wish they did, I'd have allot of money.

I don't keep any PM's after I get payment. I put names on paper and any info at that time gets on it as well. As soon as thats done, I delete PM's. I have way too many PM's somedays and clean them up somedays.

Either way,

I'm sorry that they didnt make it. I hope the little B. boehmei pulls through. Post something later on when you get home with an update.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When I got home she was no better than when I left, but I've been going into her ICU periodically and feeding her water from a dropper. When I got her I would say she was about 90% dead. Now she's at about 75% dead. She is somewhat uncurled but not at all mobile. Every once in awhile a leg will twitch. I'm not even sure how much water is actually getting into her. I'm going to keep trying as long as she is still trying.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's hard to reconcile those who ship "specimens" with those who receive "pets"...
I'm so sorry, hon.

Your best bet is to post any and all pm's in a review thread so that those who decide to buy from this seller know what to expect in terms of communication and after care.... :cool:

I truly hope she pulls through.
~Rochelle xoxo

CharlaineC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my hopes and well wishes I pray all goes well. i hope she pulls through i really do. your doing the best you can. as for the post office. if yourscarrier is anything like mine she leaves all packages at the office and just drops off a letter about picking up. their horrid.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Thanks for the update.... keep us informed of the little one.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer

Your best bet is to post any and all pm's in a review thread so that those who decide to buy from this seller know what to expect in terms of communication and after care.... :cool:
~Rochelle xoxo

What kind of comment is this? Knows what to expect? I gave live arrival on first delivery attempt and only if delivered next day. Delivery due to not being there 3 days later is not the sellers fault. No one has any problems with my communication and after care. When you deal with me, then only maybe you can have grounds to stand on to make comments about my integrity.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind of comment is this? Knows what to expect? I gave live arrival on first delivery attempt and only if delivered next day. Delivery due to not being there 3 days later is not the sellers fault. No one has any problems with my communication and after care. When you deal with me, then only maybe you can have grounds to stand on to make comments about my integrity.
Ive done business with ChrisNCT, hes very reliable. Not picking up your shipment is not the sellers fault, thats the fault of the buyer. Sorry about your sling but i wouldnt be pointing any fingers...
-Nate

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Thanks for the comment Nate, but I feel that it won't help anything out.

Whats more important is that the last sling pulls through. I hope it does a 100% pull through. That will only help things a bit but it'll help.

As far as the comment of my integrity from Rochelle, well.... I believe that nothing waranted that comment. What Rochelle doesn't know is that I am planning on replacing them. Now who feels stupid?

Esther, I will PM you to replace them. Peoples comments don't help here so we will take care of it.

Last edited:

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
*Sticking nose into this one*

First of all, I really hope your little sling pulls through. There is nothing worse than opening your box, and finding a T in sub-par condition. It's a bummer, to say the least. *Fingers crossed for you*.

Next, I just want to say that Chris does NOT treat his T's like specimens, he cares for each and every one that he has, whether he is selling them or not. Once, Chris had lost a sling in his T room. A sling that he had 25 more just like it, and still he was very upset about it. I'm talking upset for days. He truely felt bad that it happened.

I know we are all a bit edgy these days, and sometimes text comes through differently than we meant it. Let's all stay calm, and let the buyer, and the seller work this out.

Once again, fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Tim

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Shammer: From the snippets available in this thread, you’ve come to some conclusion about who is and is not at fault in a purchase that you are in no way involved in. How nice. :rolleyes: It would be one thing for you to say that Chris is a stand-up guy and leave it at that, it is entirely another for you to sit and point fingers when you don’t have the whole story.

I am going to refrain from going into more detail here and now, as I am still waiting to see how this situation plays out. And right now my first priority is the little girl in my bedroom fighting for her life.

Chris, I don’t think Rochelle was just reacting to this particular deal. I’m sure you’ve looked around on the boards lately and seen that there have been breeders and dealers doing some not-so-ethical things and good people are just getting frustrated.

I agree that it is best that we just deal with this privately. I was not planning on “outing” you as the seller in this thread. I posted because I needed to vent about a crappy situation.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Update.

The first pic is how she was when I first took her out of the package. Second pic is about an hour later when I had been dripping water into her mouth. The third picture is about fifteen hours later.

Right now Most of her legs are out of the death curl but they are still bent in odd directions. She will actually move somewhat if disturbed.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first pic is how she was when I first took her out of the package. Second pic is about an hour later when I had been dripping water into her mouth. The third picture is about fifteen hours later.

Right now Most of her legs are out of the death curl but they are still bent in odd directions. She will actually move somewhat if disturbed.
poor lil thing, hope she pulls through

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chrisnct..wow, dude! :(
I didn't attack you. If you re-read my post I suggested any and all pm's. Not a selected few.
If there was a problem with anyone's communication; it would have become evident without a lot of hoopla. Right?
Apologies if I squashed your toes....:rolleyes:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
None of the details in this transaction belong in this thread. (Now that I am playing moderator, I am sure I will be approached). This is an announcements thread, not a dealer review. Mentioning the dealer's name and posting PM's is not appropriate. Trying to work things out with the seller, is the FIRST step!

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
None of the details in this transaction belong in this thread. (Now that I am playing moderator, I am sure I will be approached). This is an announcements thread, not a dealer review. Mentioning the dealer's name and posting PM's is not appropriate. Trying to work things out with the seller, is the FIRST step!
Okay, "Mr. Moderator". If you pay attention and read the thread FULLY, you will see that the seller involved HIMSELF in this thread, his name was NOT mentioned until he mentioned it was his deal. And nobody brought up the details of the transaction until the seller HIMSELF brought details into the thread. If you are going to "moderate" then please make an attempt to be even-handed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.