Poor attempt at photographing Indian Violet

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, I tried. and I tried. 8 pictures of flash, black holes, and the dog's reflection on the glass, but this was the closest I came to snapping a pic of my Chilobrachys fimbriatus, managed to lure it out with a cricket, which it promptly dispatched.

Bill

Attachments

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do they make a lot of web? how big is your Indian Violet anyway?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
Do they make a lot of web? how big is your Indian Violet anyway?
Mine webbed up that Vial that it lives in pretty well, but hasn't messed with most of the main container yet. Rarely comes out at all, I think it might even not acknowledge the world outside that vial ;)

It's about 2 inches ish, a little larger.

Bill

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice try anyway!:) When I was taking pics of my fish in an aquarium, I had some success by having a light over the tank. I would then partially cover my flash and take the photo at a 45 degree angle. With some practice, I was taking pretty decent photos( especially considering the camera I was using) of all sorts of subjects behind glass. Maybe this could work for you if you still don't feel like chasing that Indian Violet around the house with a camera.;)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: hey

James - They are quit terrestrial, Some say obligate burrowers, some say they're just reclusive. from what I've seen I'd go with the obligate burrower opinion thus far, but perhaps age will tell.

JP - I'll definately give that a shot. (no pun intended) I may just have to let my budget allow me a digital camera to make things easier.

Bill