PooPoo

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow, has anyone ever catch their T's doin the #2? I've always thought, they would just walk around and drop it whenever they felt like it. Today, i got the chance to witness it for the first time, up-close, alittle too close. it happened when i was cleanin one of my pokies enclosure, she had just molted not too long ago. I was addin some fresh water to her dish, she suddenly crawled out of her hide, then she turns around with her butt facin my hand and shoots poo! :eek: then she runs back into her hide. It's very funny actually, it has no smell to it at all. I'm pretty sure she appreciates everything i've done for her. :rolleyes:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, has anyone ever catch their T's doin the #2? I've always thought, they would just walk around and drop it whenever they felt like it. Today, i got the chance to witness it for the first time, up-close, alittle too close. it happened when i was cleanin one of my pokies enclosure, she had just molted not too long ago. I was addin some fresh water to her dish, she suddenly crawled out of her hide, then she turns around with her butt facin my hand and shoots poo! :eek: then she runs back into her hide. It's very funny actually, it has no smell to it at all. I'm pretty sure she appreciates everything i've done for her. :rolleyes:
Yeah it's great isn't it!

Although, I think she may have been trying to fend you off. Avicularia spp. use that as a defense mechanism, and I really wouldn't be surprised if pokies used it as well.

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my Brachypelma vagans did that on my hand just the other day... it was gross.. haha I was like "omg what is that?".

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've yet to have one poop on me but my avi avi seems to go everywhere else. and i mean EVERYWHERE

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Caught my rosie doing that once. Back then, I thought it may have been a build up of silk she was excreting...Now I know it was just poo. She made a big one too {D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My biggest female rosie makes quite a show of it, she comes out walks to the glass, turns around so that her butt is right up against the glass, and poos. She makes sure to wipe it all over the glass so Mommy has more to clean up I swear she enjoys it.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I am not mistaken, if you wiki Avicularia there should be a bad pic, but a pic nontheless, of an avic shooting poo.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
never seen it, dont want to see it. mine are all trained to a litter pan.:liar: scooping out the cat box is about as close to poo as i like. after keeping snakes for ten years i like having pets that have little tiny non odorous poo.
well except the cats but at least they cover it up and there is clumping cat litter.

dalejamin

Arachnopeon
Yeppers. My little E. campestratus took a poo in the water dish the other day. All I could do was shake my head and clean the water dish out. Actually, she's got quite an attitude for a PZB {D

tinacouch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeh. Took my Avicularia Avicularia to my sons school the other day and while I had her out she turned around and shot poo on my shirt. Class thought it was funny,:rolleyes: I didn't.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeh. Took my Avicularia Avicularia to my sons school the other day and while I had her out she turned around and shot poo on my shirt. Class thought it was funny,:rolleyes: I didn't.

{D Oh, I find that funny.

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My dad brought his a.avic to my school when I was younger, and did almost the same thing. My dad just paused mid sentence and said "are you done?" looked at that class (who was in tears) and said "and that would be t poop. any questions?".

When we got home, he squirted it with water and glared at it for like, 3 days.

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It was the worst, it wasn't poop but I was holding my friend's brachypelma verdeezi and I felt something wet on my hand...Me and my friend were freakin out cuz we thought it may have been hemolyph (spelling?), but it wasn't, it just peed on me.

Icey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
heh while transferring my avic from a kritterkeeper to a more spacious aquarium she let me have it. I was not amused lol

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just saw my G. rosea pooping. She was up in top of of her KK. She likes to poo on the little window on top

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've seen my rosie do it a few times, she'll walk up to a corner, turn 180, walk backwards till her butt touches the glass, and then take a dump.

She's also done it a couple times while I was handling her, so far she hasnt actually pooped on ME yet, but she likes to wait until she's crawling over my bed cover.

The first time I ever saw her walk backwards on purpose kind freaked me out a bit. Here she is going in reverse, and um, why is her butt wiggling around like she's gonna web, but her spinnerets arent moving......Plop! :eek: Ewwwww!
THAT's why ;P

I have one of those coarse mexican blankets, I dunno, maybe it feels kinda like her cage substrate / litterbox :?

Now I either wait untill she does it in her cage before I handle her, or be ready with a piece of paper to "intercept" the delivery. Sometimes it's like having an 8 legged dog. :rolleyes:

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wish I would have taken a pic, but my friend's rosie did something the other day we were not too sure what it was....not sure if it was poo or not, but just looked like clear liquid with a bunch of small white balls or something in it...what was that?

Also, this is somewhat off topic...but still concerning secretion. My GBB sling looks like he is depositing clear liquid on the glass....but it is always next to his mouth when I see it...what is that? I attached some thumbnails. It doesn't happen alot, just seems like after he eats all his crickets.

Sorry, I dont mean to thread jack, just not sure if I should post a new topic concerning this if it might be one in the same.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was the worst, it wasn't poop but I was holding my friend's brachypelma verdeezi and I felt something wet on my hand...Me and my friend were freakin out cuz we thought it may have been hemolyph (spelling?), but it wasn't, it just peed on me.
Tarantulas don't urinate, i would check to see if there is something wrong with it

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine do it often, usually after eating. i could be way off but i think they are cleaning the mouth. or ive wondered if they get to much and letting off pressure. cause sometimes mine do that then smear it on the glass and do it again.
but whatever it may be i think its pretty normal. ive seen my adult rosea do it a few times as well.