pooping on it's spinnerets

carlynm

Arachnopeon
my t. blondie is approx 2" and has been pooping on it's spinnerets and it seems that when it lays down it accumulates substrate on it's butt and builds up.
any suggestions if i should be concerned?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't be overly concered, but I would try to remove it and if it doesn't go or you can't do it, then just leave it and it'll come off when it molts.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had one A.seemani (sp?) that would get poo all over its spinnerets, I had to take a wet Q-tip or a piece of toilet paper and gently wipe her fuzzy little butt clean. :rolleyes:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had one A.seemani (sp?) that would get poo all over its spinnerets, I had to take a wet Q-tip or a piece of toilet paper and gently wipe her fuzzy little butt clean. :rolleyes:
Wiping your Ts? why? I would just leave it. I dont think we need to buy wipes for our Ts. They do what they do pretty well with out us wiping.
Its not going to do anything to the T.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I only had to do that once, and only because there was so much on there, it basically glued the spinnerets together, making it impossible to web, and I was also worried about the next time she tried to "go" and what would happen if her, um "tailpipe" was still jammed. :eek:

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pooping on self

I would think the T would take care of that during grooming, but maybe some arent as clean as most. Must have been amusing, 'oh for gods sake, cant you poo properly like other Ts?'

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol and I thought i've heard all the tarantula related discussions!{D