poop

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it normal for my rose hair to poop on me every time i take it out

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't consider it normal, but I wouldn't think it was a problem as long as you are not scareing it or squeezing it.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Droppin loads

.I haven't gotten sprayed yet. My T's go for a walk and blow their loaves of the walls of their cages - they never drop a load in their dwelling. Maybe your T feels so relaxed in your hands ;).

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by longbord1
is it normal for my rose hair to poop on me every time i take it out
My G. pulchra does that, but my G. rosea has never done that! I think its a defense mechanism...nothing personal.

Mike G.

Arachnopeon
I have a 6" G. aureostriata (just got her last week). I've had her out twice. She pooped on me the 2nd time out.

That's the story of my life. Girls are always crapping on me!!!

Mike G.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think she feels warm and comfortable thanx for ur info

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe I need to put some pepto....

My "texas brown" seems to poop all over her little tank. She is still a juvie and I'm always cleaning it off but in a couple of days there is poop all over the sides. Is this normal? I have a few other T's that don't poop nearly as much as her........maybe I'm overfeeding.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i made a post like this but it involved my avic avic
it is a defense

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
in my case it is not defensive.......I don't even bother my T's all that much and this one is very calm......she just poops on the glass.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by NightCrawler
Since im new to the t hobby can anyone tell me what t poop looks like?? :confused:
It is a small ball of white powder looking stuff. On a arboreal's cage it can be seen in long white streaks that are on the wall.

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx jwb :) I found something looking like that and i thought that it was mould

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it was white it was probably just T poop. How moist are you keeping your enclosure? Also what kind of substrate are you using and what species of tarantula are we talking about?:)

Last edited:

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The moist is between 70 and 80 and the substraite i a mix of something called Namiba Terra Terrariehumus and flower dirt...Don't know the english word for it.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmm so you use a potting soil mix? What species are you keeping? I find if the substrate is to moist with soil you get some mold, have you thought about maybe using straight peat instead of soil?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Peat in theory is less likely to mold due to its high acidity. I have had no mold with the peat that I use.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well what's the Danish word for it, and i'll tell you the english word. Maybe we use the same thing?

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
well what's the Danish word for it, and i'll tell you the english word. Maybe we use the same thing?
The danish word is potte muld....But can you tell me the danish word for peat?