Poop Machines!!!

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sooo my aunt has a neighbor who had a bunch of rabbits they wanted to get rid of, so she brought two to my house while I was at university (easter, ironically enough). Came home today and they're the cutest little poop machines you'll ever meet! The pictures really dont do them justice. The grey one is Gizmo, and my brother named the black one Shemp (we are huge three stooges fans), even though we think they're both girls, I call her Shempy. And the big black lady is Stumper, had her for about four years now. She LOVES the babies, treats them like her own.

They just never run out of energy. Stumper was always so laid back, and skittish. These guys chase you down for attention! They never stop moving.

Here is Pepper our Caique, watching over them:

The two little rascals:

They like to stand up to sniff fingers, especially Gizmo:

Ew! You touched me! Must get clean!

Relaxing with "mommy"

They INHALED that piece of lettuce in about a minute.

I am SOOO completely and utterly in love with them.

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What darling little bunnies! It's great that your other rabbit is so sweet to them, too. :D

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh yeah, the general agreement between them seems to be that she's the mother. They run to her, she grooms them, they huddle and sleep together. I think it's made Stumper quite happy, since she cant have babies of her own.

And the best part is, our cats are afraid of them! They're all so friendly, they run right up to the cats and try to sniff/play... the cats are just like WTF?!? We wouldnt leave them unattended of course, but its quite funny.

The bunnies have a small room where they can run around safely so they arent cooped up all day. I'm going to spend much of my summer in there I imagine {D

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very cute. my dad raised rabbits for years. we ate them and sold them. i cant remember what they were called but we had some that were huge and not very nice. i like the little lop eared ones myself.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would love to have a rabbit, but unfortunately, they are on my "Severely Allergic To" list. About a year ago, a local pet shop had some really tame, and really unusually-colored rabbits for sale, mostly Dwarf Rex rabbits. One was a red brindle, like a little mini Pit Bull, and it was so sweet! After about 15 seconds of holding it, though, my eyes started puffing up and watering, my nose ceased to function as a breathing aparatus, and I started breaking out in hives. I had to take two Benadryl and then try to drive home-NOT fun, but it was either that or a trip to the ER. My throat had started swelling to the point that I almost couldn't swallow the pills. Seeing these bunnies, especially that little silver-fawn one, just reminds me of why I can't have one.:(

pitbulllady

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww sorry to hear that pitbulllady. I'm kind of allergic to them as well, just sneezing and having to blow my nose though, nothing serious. I'm mildly allergic to a lot of things, just means I have to keep tissues handy, hehe. Thats why I like my snakes... can't be allergic to them!

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've also realized that these bunnies are more like squirrels than rabbits! They love to climb! If you pick one up, it tries to sit on your shoulder. Sitting on the couch with them, they jump up onto the back and the armrests, jump back down, crawl up to your shoulder, jump down, jump up, etc... :}

One of them is already getting the hint about the litter box... going to take a while to get them to use it all the time I bet. It's one thing to train them to pee there, because you can tell when they're about to pee. It's the poop thats a problem... our older rabbit only poops in one corner of her cage, we're hoping we can get the little ones to follow her lead.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh yeah, the general agreement between them seems to be that she's the mother. They run to her, she grooms them, they huddle and sleep together. I think it's made Stumper quite happy, since she cant have babies of her own.

And the best part is, our cats are afraid of them! They're all so friendly, they run right up to the cats and try to sniff/play... the cats are just like WTF?!? We wouldnt leave them unattended of course, but its quite funny.

The bunnies have a small room where they can run around safely so they arent cooped up all day. I'm going to spend much of my summer in there I imagine {D
ok i love the rabbits and the rabbit poo is great to put in the plants man great fertilizer especially for roses. But my question is, is WTF actually allowed on the boards? Maybe i dont know WTF is.?.?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very cute. my dad raised rabbits for years. we ate them and sold them. i cant remember what they were called but we had some that were huge and not very nice. i like the little lop eared ones myself.
ok ok i was trying NOT to say i loved to eat them lol JK

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dont any more. i use to hunt and trap and all that but have given all that up. they are good but cant bring myself to kill things any more. i do still fish though. but almost always release them. guess ive got soft.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont any more. i use to hunt and trap and all that but have given all that up. they are good but cant bring myself to kill things any more. i do still fish though. but almost always release them. guess ive got soft.
I see nothing wrong with not doing the hunting and trapping anymore :)

Your new bunnies are way to cute!